E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cost of not checking this board every day

12-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Cost of not checking this board every day

Wow... I just received my PROcede V2 today. I missed the announcement of availability by a whole day and ordered at that point. It's just as well, as it's pissed rain here for the last month and I can now work it in with removal/reinstall for my 1yr service. I hope it lives up to my expectations, as I actually waited longer for this than for the 1st batch of V1's to ship, and the reward was well worth the wait for that gain. I'm in OR, where 92 octane is the best that can be easily found, so I'm guessing I should stick very close to the default map settings... right?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
shyestsparks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
Wow... I just received my PROcede V2 today. I missed the announcement of availability by a whole day and ordered at that point. It's just as well, as it's pissed rain here for the last month and I can now work it in with removal/reinstall for my 1yr service. I hope it lives up to my expectations, as I actually waited longer for this than for the 1st batch of V1's to ship, and the reward was well worth the wait for that gain. I'm in OR, where 92 octane is the best that can be easily found, so I'm guessing I should stick very close to the default map settings... right?
Now that's something; I ordered mine on the day of the anouncement, my order has been paid for; AND I STILL HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN A SHIPMENT EMAIL MUCH LESS THE UPGRADE ITSELF! Wow, I've been a fan of Vishnu, the Procede, and Shiv; but come on man.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
jfewins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
Now that's something; I ordered mine on the day of the anouncement, my order has been paid for; AND I STILL HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN A SHIPMENT EMAIL MUCH LESS THE UPGRADE ITSELF! Wow, I've been a fan of Vishnu, the Procede, and Shiv; but come on man.
email calvin. he will tell you where you are in line to get your upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

I agree. The time it has taken since the order is rediculous. I would have never gotten in bed with these guys. Now I'm stuck. I paid 1300 for the 1.47 and then the dropped the price to $875. Now I'm stuck waiting for the V2. These guys are something else. Just burns my ass.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
Hey, I'm also from portland, do you ever go to the friday night meets at Buffalo Wild Wings in Hillsboro?

Anyway, I would like to know how you like the Procede V2 as I have the AA Xede........

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 03:11 AM   #6
shyestsparks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfewins View Post
email calvin. he will tell you where you are in line to get your upgrade.
I've been emailing Calvin but the only email I received was that vishnu tuning will be closed until Jan 02, 2008. It's just frustrating when you are patient and stuff like this happens.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Clem
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/FR ESS VT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
What day did you order? I missed the initial rush and ordered on 9/10 and mine is scheduled to arrive today according to UPS and my card was charged $168 on 12/20. When was your card charged? It shouldn't have been until it was ready to ship. Maybe your notification email got lost in the shuffle somewhere. If not, something ain't right.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 07:13 AM   #8
Ruff Rider
"posting from my recliner"
United_States
Rep
Drives: twin turbo Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
I agree. The time it has taken since the order is rediculous. I would have never gotten in bed with these guys. Now I'm stuck. I paid 1300 for the 1.47 and then the dropped the price to $875. Now I'm stuck waiting for the V2. These guys are something else. Just burns my ass.
Where did you find the 1.47 at $875? I can't find that on Vishnu's web site.

By the way what you saw is the Procede Dark and it's $895. It can be upgraded to V1 for $570 more.

Ping Golf Club demo tech
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
Fubarsky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Edgar
It is a great improvement over 1.47. I found 1.47 to be more like an on/off switch in terms of power. Useless on a gymkana style of driving. The new version I am currently running V2.02 12-19 is great, the power is MUCH more linear throughout the RPM range and short shifting at 6200 RPM is a thing of the past. I am running the default 90% map and see max boost of 13.9 PSI. I think we can go to 92% and possibly 94% with our petrol up here. I am letting it get up to speed on 90% before bumping up. That said I am seeing on the post's that all cars are bit unique and seem to develop boost pressure that fall into a range, so monitoring pressure during during map upgrades is a must when pushing the boost envelope. You will like it i am sure. I just got mine a few weeks ago.

Did you get my PM on Quaife?
      12-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarsky View Post
Edgar
It is a great improvement over 1.47. I found 1.47 to be more like an on/off switch in terms of power. Useless on a gymkana style of driving. The new version I am currently running V2.02 12-19 is great, the power is MUCH more linear throughout the RPM range and short shifting at 6200 RPM is a thing of the past. I am running the default 90% map and see max boost of 13.9 PSI. I think we can go to 92% and possibly 94% with our petrol up here. I am letting it get up to speed on 90% before bumping up. That said I am seeing on the post's that all cars are bit unique and seem to develop boost pressure that fall into a range, so monitoring pressure during during map upgrades is a must when pushing the boost envelope. You will like it i am sure. I just got mine a few weeks ago.

Did you get my PM on Quaife?

What he said.

Don't go off of the "user torque settings" as the model of how much power you are making or how much boost is being set.

I've learned that each car is different in that regard.

Once the v2 is in and you've driven it for a day or two on the default settings, run a datalog or three.
Do a 2nd to 3rd gear redline pull.
Do a 3rd gear pull starting at 2000 rpms and going to redline.
And do a 1st gear starting at 2000 rpms and going to redline in 3rd run too.

Check the logs, if you are not seeing boost above 14.5 psi at any point WHILE accelerating (you will get little boost spikes when you let off the gas or when shifting, that's normal on all turbo cars) you can up the settings a bit.
You don't want to be above 15 psi when on the gas and on full boost at any point.
Stay in the 14.5 or so range to be safe and you'll be good to go.

The power of v2 is that much more than v1.47 (maybe 10-15 peak rwhp) but it's MUCH smoother in the power delivery.
Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #11
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Don't go off of the "user torque settings" as the model of how much power you are making or how much boost is being set. I've learned that each car is different in that regard.
Exactly. Each car is different and makes a different boost pressure which is the beauty of the PROcede - it allows the user to monitor & log all kinds of engine parameters and decide what kind of tune is produced. Just make sure you install a secondary boost gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
The power of v2 is not that much more than v1.47 (maybe 10-15 peak rwhp) but it's MUCH smoother in the power delivery.
+1 This is something you just have to experience for yourself. Anyone with a V1.47 PROcede would be sold on a V2 upgrade with one test drive. It's really that much better. I was skeptical at first, but I can't imagine going back to V1.47 now.
Appreciate 0