THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack RDC/TPMS on a M235i xDrive Coupé (2015)

10-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive Touring LCI

RDC/TPMS on a M235i xDrive Coupé (2015)

Hi!

First post in here and thought I would start by asking you experts about RDC/TPMS.

I just ordered a M235i xDrive and planned delivery is week 51 right before Christmas so will make for one nice Christmas present

When I talked to the sales man about winter tires he told me that if I get winter tires from somewhere else I need to make sure I get the correct sensors/valves to make sure the tire pressure system will work correctly.

I then talked to one of the online stores in Sweden and was told they did not offer this kind of sensors at this point and that I need to find the sensors elsewhere.

I was then told in another place that I can buy them directly from BMW but what I'm still not sure about is how to fit them and what exactly they are? Is it likely if I get the needed sensors from BMW I could ask any tire workshop to fit them for me or does mounting them take special equipment?

And last question, can I pick any rims and tires I like or do I need to make sure to pick rims and tires especially suitable for RDC/TPMS?

Thanks a lot in advance guys!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

You need 3 and 4 here http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...93&hg=36&fg=15

just bolts to the rim and should work on any rims
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep

Thanks!

Any idea where I could get these parts or maybe BMW is my only option?

Then I just need to find a tire workshop that could fit them for me once I bought rims and tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
Stefferd
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Bmw 220D

Wonderin the same, been trying to get non original bmw rims for a winterset, but most tire dealers in the netherlands Seem to be unaware of the whole rdc thing. Got a rdc via bmw which ill try to bring to a tirecentre and have it fitted.

From the above reply i get that, all i need is the rdc and screw to make it fit to any rim?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep

Well...I hope you didn't only got one RDC/TPMS unit since you'll need one for each tire

I had the dealer where I bought my winter tires and rims mount the RDC/TPMS units for me but it was same thing here in Sweden...not all tire workshops I talked to seemed to know that much about this system.

Since I didn't mount them myself I'm not 100% sure how it's done but looking at the units I think you simply pull the unit apart and place the actual unit against the inside of the rim and then secure it by re-fitting the valve through the rim.

Here's a picture what the original BMW units look like. You don't quite see the valve part but it's to the right side outside the picture.
Appreciate 0