BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: why did brochures for x4 only arrive in showrooms weeks after launch dates
changes to spec 0 0%
time 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

10-21-2014, 04:21 AM   #1
Big geordie
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x4 2.0 d m sport

confused with brochure and wirtten spec.

Hi Big geordie here, first time on forum. can anyone help me on my ???? for my
x4 2.0d m sport uk model. my car has come with oval chrome tailpipe on exhaust
brochure shows and says m sport models have twin tailpipes. secondly i do not have a glove compartment on drivers side all pics i have seen on interiors show one. any feedback would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
robwoods
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d Gran Tourer Auto

You really need to ask your dealer. Normally they will point to the phrase in the brochure that says they reserve the right to change the spec at any time.

UK BMW's have rarely come with drivers side glove boxes in my experience. The twin tailpipes are probably only for the six-cylinder models, it probably says that somewhere in the brochure.

It is very difficult sometimes to know exactly how your car will looks from the brochures, simply because there are so many variations from country to country, and so many combinations of engine, trim level and options.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 05:30 AM   #3
robwoods
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d Gran Tourer Auto

BTW, I've ordered an X4 2.0d SE in Sophisto Grey with Oyster leather and Pro Media, but don't get delivery until May 2015 as that is when my current lease expires.

I can only dream of just one polished exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
Big geordie
Private
Rep

hi robwoods. thanks for your feedback.meeting dealer in next few days, let u know how i get on. but take your point that the cover themselves with small print about varius models.

My car is black sapphire with. black interior.310m alloys.sun pro glass.power mirrors automatic box. pro media package. whole car is a dream to drive. hope u enjoy yours as much when it arrives. the wait is the hardest. but will be worth it
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:25 AM   #5
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big geordie
Hi Big geordie here, first time on forum. can anyone help me on my ???? for my
x4 2.0d m sport uk model. my car has come with oval chrome tailpipe on exhaust
brochure shows and says m sport models have twin tailpipes. secondly i do not have a glove compartment on drivers side all pics i have seen on interiors show one. any feedback would be much appreciated.
The drivers side glove box comes as part of the extended storage option ... If your car does not have extended storage you won't have it

All 20d X3/X4 models have single pipes .. The twin pipes are reserved for the six cylinder models

If you check the front inner pages of your brochure it will tell you the model and spec ( options) fitted to the photographed car. There may be a disclaimer saying the pictured car is not UK spec

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
predator
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw X4 2.0i xline sophistograu

Andy is right , here in Belgium its the same
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #7
Big geordie
Private
Rep

predator / robwoods. you are right about info in brochure, and disclaimers. shame bmw cant issue brouchure for uk buyers. would save a lot of hassle. even my dealer agreed.

Have seen photo of a carbon cover on auto gear shift which i quite fancy, but dealer has said no accessories available yet for x4. i would have thought x3 carbon shift would have been same part.
Appreciate 0