ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
bciDoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0si

Anyone know anything about these wheels?

Is anyone familiar with this brand? Has anyone seen these on a Z4? They look nice and seem like a good deal but I"m curious if they will show their age, i.e. peeling clear cloat etc.

Anyone have a photo of them on a Z4?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-bl...spagenameZWDVW

Past Bimmers: 1997 528i, 1995 M3, 1989 325ic 1987 528e, 1982 528e, 1973 2002 tii
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2008, 05:38 AM   #2
GH41
Rep
Drives: Z4

I look at a set a while back. At one time Stern was made in Japan and said to be good quality. I understand they are now made in China. There have to be hundreds of wheel brands for sale. I doubt there are 10 factories making them. I am also shopping for wheels. I am torn between buying cheap throw away wheels or expensive European wheels. I can afford the expensive wheels but can't justify spending 4-6K for them. The problem I have is that if you damage one you may not be able to find a replacement rim. I'll use the ACS Type II as an example. I love this wheel and there are probably a half dozen used sets for sale at this time. This wheel in 17" cost about $600 each and the used sets are bringing $700-$1200. It sounds like a good deal until you consider that the wheels are no longer being manufactured. I am leaning toward buying cheap rims. I would not buy from ebay unless I was close enough to look at the item. GH
Appreciate 0