E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dreaded ABS / DBC / Flat Tyre Warning on iDrive...HELP!

10-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #1
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Dreaded ABS / DBC / Flat Tyre Warning on iDrive...HELP!

Hi Guys,

My mums had her business edition for around 2 years now, its an 08 320D Edition M Sport and we was on the motorway yesterday and DONGGGG three lights came on the dash and iDrive randomly just cruising at 80 with the cruise control on

DBC - ABS - And Flat Tyre Monitor.

Before this it drove fine and has done. it was wet so i was maybe thinking when it drys up it will go away?

Cruise control didnt seem to work either when this happened.

Heres what came up on the dash

i read on the forum but people have different errors. some only have DBC light which is why i decided to create new thread...sorry if its already been posted somewhere else but it seems this can be many many different things?

Shall i try clean the hubs first?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I'd get the codes checked first.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
Iyrix
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d & 335i

I had this message and one of my run flat were low on pressure. Pumped up and it was fine. HTH.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Hi mate,

I had the same fault after i left the 330D sitting around for 3 months and was told by a local indie that it was a low voltage fault on a rear wheel sensor when i took it in for an MOT. He cleared the fault but as soon as i left the garage the fault reappeared.

Took it to Halfords to do an oil change and stick a new battery while getting a couple of tyres fitted. This didn't clear the fault. drove it for another couple of months having fun getting the rear out from time to time

Then i put it into another garage which was recommended by my OH's dad to carry out a full service.

Came back with a failed break pump on the mechanical side. (these fail on either the electrical side or the mechanical side. electrical being cheaper to fix) The options were 1, send it off to be refurbed and hope it could be at a cost of about £500 fully fitted. 2, If it couldn't be fixed £1200 for a new one.
I can't remember how much the mechanic said it would be if it was the electrical side but i do remember it being a lot less.

The car also needed a new gearbox sump cover as BMW make it out of plastic and had warped due to heat. this was going to be more than £500.

I traded the car in within a week.

On a brighter noter, it might just be a sensor that needs a bit of muck cleaned of it or replaced for about £30

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:35 AM   #5
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I'd get the codes checked first.
i checked them but cant remember which one it was. wont be able to check now till im home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyrix View Post
I had this message and one of my run flat were low on pressure. Pumped up and it was fine. HTH.
did you get abs. dbc light aswell or just tyre light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportplus View Post
Hi mate,

I had the same fault after i left the 330D sitting around for 3 months and was told by a local indie that it was a low voltage fault on a rear wheel sensor when i took it in for an MOT. He cleared the fault but as soon as i left the garage the fault reappeared.

Took it to Halfords to do an oil change and stick a new battery while getting a couple of tyres fitted. This didn't clear the fault. drove it for another couple of months having fun getting the rear out from time to time

Then i put it into another garage which was recommended by my OH's dad to carry out a full service.

Came back with a failed break pump on the mechanical side. (these fail on either the electrical side or the mechanical side. electrical being cheaper to fix) The options were 1, send it off to be refurbed and hope it could be at a cost of about £500 fully fitted. 2, If it couldn't be fixed £1200 for a new one.
I can't remember how much the mechanic said it would be if it was the electrical side but i do remember it being a lot less.

The car also needed a new gearbox sump cover as BMW make it out of plastic and had warped due to heat. this was going to be more than £500.

I traded the car in within a week.

On a brighter noter, it might just be a sensor that needs a bit of muck cleaned of it or replaced for about £30

Good luck
£500 is abit steep. i think could be the unit which is around £170
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Wow a few of these threads lately! Get codes checked. If it's 5DF0, 5DF1 then your ABS pump is gone.
That's what mine was. £1600 smackers.

Generally the lights come on in the wet because the electronic diff tries to brake the rear wheels more in the wet.

There are stories that it can just be dirt in the sensor. If you can get in the arches and clean everything up give that a go.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #7
woggledog
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 320D Sport

Get the codes read.

It will either be £1600 for a new pump plus fitting, or £148+vat + fitting for the repair kit, or a similar amount to have the pump sent off to a refurb

The codes will tell you all
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

how do i check ABS option in INPA though? i can only see the DSC option under chassis and read codes under there. is this the only code i need under DSC in chassis folder?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by woggledog View Post
Get the codes read.

It will either be £1600 for a new pump plus fitting, or £148+vat + fitting for the repair kit, or a similar amount to have the pump sent off to a refurb

The codes will tell you all
Didn't know about a "repair kit" the £500 pounds i stated was for the refurb.

£250-£300 for the refurb (including VAT) + fitting + brake fluid change + VAT
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
how do i check ABS option in INPA though? i can only see the DSC option under chassis and read codes under there. is this the only code i need under DSC in chassis folder?
It's under DSC
Appreciate 0