E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Any detailers on the forum from NY??

01-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Any detailers on the forum from NY??

all you guys seem to be from SoCal or Florida...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
coz it's pissing rain or snowing in NY most of the time...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

check the regional section.
      01-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

lol...im talking about guys like scheerspeed and fminus that are always posting pics of magical details on someone elses car...dont think ive ever seen one of those from an east coaster...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
nagge
Swedish user
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330dA

Why dont you check out www.autopia.org instead, better luck finding one there.
      01-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

dude...i told you my boy is nasty!..dont worry, he does my e92 all the time. If you want, I will go with you to his shop to introduce you to him.

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
14' Audi RS7 / NARDO GREY / ADV1
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Slay View Post
dude...i told you my boy is nasty!..dont worry, he does my e92 all the time. If you want, I will go with you to his shop to introduce you to him.
lol...im not tryingg to get my car detailedd, just wondering why there arent any magical detailers from ny...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #8
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

Im definitely not like FMNIUS or joyride, but im a detailing "enthusiast" so to speak. Those guys definitely have the weather on their side.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
lol...im not tryingg to get my car detailedd, just wondering why there arent any magical detailers from ny...
there are, we are just hiding inside praying for warm weather like today~!!

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
14' Audi RS7 / NARDO GREY / ADV1
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
Im definitely not like FMNIUS or joyride, but im a detailing "enthusiast" so to speak. Those guys definitely have the weather on their side.
Tell me about it. I almost tried to get in a quick wash today but said fuck it cuz I knew the weather was going to turn bad and ruin my wash.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
I'm the same. I just bought a bunch of products and started off on my car... really makes a great difference from what I can tell.

Just got most of all poorboy's products.....
Flex buffer
Foam Gun
Clay Bar
Menzerna Polishes

Also have most of zaino's products too, just haven't really used them yet.

Boy does it take long, but it was worth it.. It took me about 3 hours to buff the whole car out with a light to remove all swirls and stuff, but my gosh I do love that 'wet' look on my white car......

I'm anal now about my car, I bring a microfiber towel with me in my trunk with about a 4 oz bottle of swipe and wipe quickdetailer..... incase something happens and I need it or..... someone touches it lol. The faces from the g/f are..... "Are you serious..."

Something to keep my busy, but that buffer is the man.

George from detailed image is from new york too, hes the man with products and knowledge...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #12
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Tell me about it. I almost tried to get in a quick wash today but said fuck it cuz I knew the weather was going to turn bad and ruin my wash.
haha i hear ya, it becomes a pain. But ive learned to just deal with it, when i see the forecast is good for a few days at least, i just go ahead and was the car anyway. I dont like having dirt and other contaminents building up on the paint because its alot harder to remove in the future.
GL with your detailing and stay away from those quick washers!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
I'm the same. I just bought a bunch of products and started off on my car... really makes a great difference from what I can tell.

Just got most of all poorboy's products.....
Flex buffer
Foam Gun
Clay Bar
Menzerna Polishes

Also have most of zaino's products too, just haven't really used them yet.

Boy does it take long, but it was worth it.. It took me about 3 hours to buff the whole car out with a light to remove all swirls and stuff, but my gosh I do love that 'wet' look on my white car......

I'm anal now about my car, I bring a microfiber towel with me in my trunk with about a 4 oz bottle of swipe and wipe quickdetailer..... incase something happens and I need it or..... someone touches it lol. The faces from the g/f are..... "Are you serious..."

Something to keep my busy, but that buffer is the man.

George from detailed image is from new york too, hes the man with products and knowledge...
haha nice. you definitely went all out. White is a hard color to bring a true shine out of but im glad you were able to get the job done. Post pics, show off your work. im probably BEYOND just anal, drives my girl and anyone in my car with me NUTS , i cant help it, ive toned it down a notch though. In my trunk i keep bug/tar remover, QD, goo gone, scratch X and about 10 MFs.
oh and btw George is a great guy, i have dealt with him for a while now, he really has shown me alot and so has his forum (Detailuniversity.com). Hes all the way upstate but he always manages to get my shipments over at the speed of light. lol take bro. sorry for the rant, when it comes to detailing, i just go on and on.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
haha i hear ya, it becomes a pain. But ive learned to just deal with it, when i see the forecast is good for a few days at least, i just go ahead and was the car anyway. I dont like having dirt and other contaminents building up on the paint because its alot harder to remove in the future.
GL with your detailing and stay away from those quick washers!!!

haha nice. you definitely went all out. White is a hard color to bring a true shine out of but im glad you were able to get the job done. Post pics, show off your work. im probably BEYOND just anal, drives my girl and anyone in my car with me NUTS , i cant help it, ive toned it down a notch though. In my trunk i keep bug/tar remover, QD, goo gone, scratch X and about 10 MFs.
oh and btw George is a great guy, i have dealt with him for a while now, he really has shown me alot and so has his forum (Detailuniversity.com). Hes all the way upstate but he always manages to get my shipments over at the speed of light. lol take bro. sorry for the rant, when it comes to detailing, i just go on and on.
Haha it's all good.... I'm the same way..... Yea I had a black e46 before this car and I could always get that mirror effect, which I miss on my white car....but the night after I detailed, I saw that 'wet' look george was telling me about... and it looked great. I'm not all the best at buffering.....but you gotta learn first, right? I was using the machine...... and honestly if you don't
hold that bad boy down.. it will slip... it's so god damn powerful, but really nice at the same time. It was well worth the 260$..... Now I guess I'll try different products to see what I can get out of them and which I like the best. ... The fun part

I also signed up at DU, alot of good info over there and autopia isn't that bad also... just the mod push there products on you....... which is kinda gay..... but again I called George like 2x when I was detailing for hints, always helped me.... big to George......
Appreciate 0