F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another noob...another car on order!
ARMA SPEED

11-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #1
Andywaddy
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Another noob...another car on order!

Hi all,

Been lurking for a bit so it's about time I introduced myself - the name is Andy (like my username was difficult to fathom!).
I've put an order in for a new 335d X-drive at the back end of last week - told it would get a build slot allocated start of next week (tomorrow) so I'll be hassling them a fair bit needless to say! The woman I'm dealing with said she'll be requesting a pull forward as well I think - she did mention between 8-10 weeks so either these apparent brake issues are over with now or she's not aware of them?

I've recently stepped out of a modified C63 which was nothing short of brilliant and unleashed a noise I think my neighbours didn't exactly approve of! But with my daily commute being a 140mile round trip, it wasn't the most sensible choice so after 6 months of aural heaven, it sadly had to go
I'm in a Jag XF temporarily until the new one gets built which isn't such a bad thing but it is starting to make me feel about 30years older than I actually am...so I'm hoping for a reasonably quick build (if such thing exists!). I am buying the 335d blind as there's genuinely none available close to where I live available for a test drive but from general internet consensus and posts on here...I don't think I'll be disappointed.

The spec for the new car includes:
Advanced parking pack
Active security pack
Comfort pack
M Sport plus pack
Prof Nav
Visibility pack
Heated steering wheel
Adaptive suspension
VSS
Comfort access
Folding mirrors
Lumbar support
Heated fronts
Armrest
Active Cruise with stop & go
Surround view
TV
HUD
Internet & online entertainment.
Speed limit display
Black Merino leather

I couldn't justify paying the best part of £1000 for electric seats so I decided I could live without those as it'll only be me driving the car.

Already got the e-Sys software, cable and cheat sheet to start coding and it'll be getting booked in for a map as soon as the run in period is over!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the informative posts I've read thus far that have justified my purchase

Andy
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 04:18 AM   #2
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Welcome the the forum. That sounds like an epic spec! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
      11-09-2014, 04:24 AM   #3
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
Welcome the the forum. That sounds like an epic spec! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Thanks very much! I'm hoping so...it'll be the first brand new car I've had in a few years and I got quite spoilt for tech in the C63 so thought I'd treat myself - it is nearing Christmas after all (that's how I'm justifying it any way!).

Toying whether or not to get the M Performance Kit fitted before pick up...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 04:32 AM   #4
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Blimey, thats some spec! Will be a fantastic car.

One thing you forgot - you'd need to upgrade the standard crappy SE springs to ACS springs.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #5
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Welcome. Sounds a great spec. I wish I had Merino...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 04:49 AM   #6
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Blimey, thats some spec! Will be a fantastic car.

One thing you forgot - you'd need to upgrade the standard crappy SE springs to ACS springs.
Thank you
Haha, that's a definite, just forgot to mention it. Is @Lorcan the man I need to speak to about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Welcome. Sounds a great spec. I wish I had Merino...
Thanks. I heard Dakota wasn't of that brilliant quality and as I expect to keep the car for a few years, I wanted a leather that ages quite well. Hopefully Merino will fit the bill!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 04:59 AM   #7
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Welcome to the madhouse, great spec.

Yes you need to chat to Lorcan about what BMW dealers do the ACS springs, while at it consider seeing about the engine upgrade

Although, looks like recaps are also on the cards as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #8
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Welcome to the forum- great spec!

The electric seats give you more finite adjustment, as well as memory function, but I guess one needs to stop somewhere!

Never seen anyone spec the TV function that I can recall on the forum...?

But yes, given what you're coming from you'll definitely be wanting the ACS springs, before the remap.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:26 AM   #9
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Welcome to the madhouse, great spec.

Yes you need to chat to Lorcan about what BMW dealers do the ACS springs, while at it consider seeing about the engine upgrade

Although, looks like recaps are also on the cards as well.
Cheers Brigand - I've lurked on other forums previous to this and this one seems quite sane compared to others!

I'll probably try and source the springs through Lorcan and get them fitted locally as my girlfriend's dad is a mechanic - saves me the fitting fees then I guess.

Luckily, I've got my own remap guy based in Manchester who's well respected and done a few cars for me over the years so we'll see what he can eek out of it!

This damn wait from order to build is absolutely agonising...and I only ordered on Thursday! Don't know how you guys do it...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #10
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG Saloon :)

Such a great spec but I can't believe you've left out leccy seats. Manual BMW seats are a real pig to adjust. I know you're the only person driving it but those fine tweaks are a god send. I would be put off buying a high spec car without them. That's my two pennies worth anyway 😉
You will love it by the way!
Can't wait for your right up and comparison to the C63. I've always wanted one of them. Maybe one day...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #11
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post

The electric seats give you more finite adjustment, as well as memory function, but I guess one needs to stop somewhere!

But yes, given what you're coming from you'll definitely be wanting the ACS springs, before the remap.
Cheers
Quite looking forward to getting to grips with all the toys...especially the HUD and Surround View features.

I really thought about the electric seats but £950 for something that I strongly feel should come on standard on a top performer, I just can't bring myself to do it!

I left TV off the order originally but then thought it'd be handy when I'm waiting for the girlfriend to get ready... plus it brought my monthly payments down by £20 so why not!

Looks like I better PM Lorcan then doesn't it!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:33 AM   #12
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Great spec but what about the exterior colour ? I guess EB11 !

Are you in the 20%+ discount club ?

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #13
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post

With that spec he should be in the 25% club
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #14
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI View Post
Such a great spec but I can't believe you've left out leccy seats. Manual BMW seats are a real pig to adjust. I know you're the only person driving it but those fine tweaks are a god send. I would be put off buying a high spec car without them. That's my two pennies worth anyway 😉
You will love it by the way!
Can't wait for your right up and comparison to the C63. I've always wanted one of them. Maybe one day...
You're seriously making me consider them...I'll ring up tomorrow, see how much they add! It does seem like I'm skimping on the basics doesn't it.
I'm actually more excited to get this than anything else I've owned to be honest, more so because I'm buying it blind and it's specced exactly how I want it so I'm hoping it lives up to expectations, which it looks on course to do from the comments on here!

The C63 was just absolutely mental. It was running 565 in the end and my god did it throw you back in your seat. Add the noise (secondary cats deleted) to that and it was just a brilliant car but I was replacing rear tyres every 5k and filling her up every single night. Smiles per gallon were what kept me going! I'm glad I got rid of it before all this rain etc as it was bonus if you came home alive driving it in the wet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post

You guessed right...EBII it is! I was torn between that and black but I've never had a blue car before so that swung it.

I certainly am, I believe I got just under 21% off of list - I went through broker4cars.co.uk who were a pleasure to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:46 AM   #15
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywaddy
Quote:

Cheers
Quite looking forward to getting to grips with all the toys...especially the HUD and Surround View features.

I really thought about the electric seats but 950 for something that I strongly feel should come on standard on a top performer, I just can't bring myself to do it!

I left TV off the order originally but then thought it'd be handy when I'm waiting for the girlfriend to get ready... plus it brought my monthly payments down by 20 so why not!

Looks like I better PM Lorcan then doesn't it!
I think that's why you may come to regret not taking them!
TV function when everyone has access to whatever they need via an iPhone or iPad is a ver expensive luxury, though I guess if it somehow reduced the monthly payment then most to lose.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #16
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywaddy View Post
I heard Dakota wasn't of that brilliant quality and as I expect to keep the car for a few years, I wanted a leather that ages quite well. Hopefully Merino will fit the bill!
I think Dakota is so tough that it will wear fine - in 10 years it will still feel like it did the day they skinned the hippo! I have had upgraded leather on a couple of BMWs and it somehow makes the whole driving experience feel more luxurious.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:51 AM   #17
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
TV function when everyone has access to whatever they need via an iPhone or iPad is a ver expensive luxury, though I guess if it somehow reduced the monthly payment then most to lose.
Right that's it...I'm sold. I'll get the order changed tomorrow! Damn you lot...I knew it was a mistake coming on this forum!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #18
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywaddy
Quote:
Right that's it...I'm sold. I'll get the order changed tomorrow! Damn you lot...I knew it was a mistake coming on this forum!
Will be a cracking car! I have everything you've got except comfort, merino leather and speed limit display, and I wish is gone for all 3! But then as I said, you've got to draw the line somewhere and so they were all sacrificed for the panoramic sunroof and towbar for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 06:05 AM   #19
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Will be a cracking car! I have everything you've got except comfort, merino leather and speed limit display, and I wish is gone for all 3! But then as I said, you've got to draw the line somewhere and so they were all sacrificed for the panoramic sunroof and towbar for me.
I'm hoping so mate! It'll be my first BMW as well which adds to the excitement.
The comfort access and speed limit display I've had in my last couple of cars so you know what it's like, you just get used to these luxuries and I know I would regret not speccing them later on down the line. The Merino, as has previously been mentioned, is an added greedy touch of luxury!
I had a pano roof in the 63 and whilst it being nice, it was only ever used to hear the noise of the exhaust and I doubt I'll be wanting to do that in the diesel haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #20
Andywaddy
Private
Rep

Does anybody know if the car will come with the M-Sport pedals or foot rest or will they just come as the standard black plastic/rubber ones?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #21
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywaddy View Post
Does anybody know if the car will come with the M-Sport pedals or foot rest or will they just come as the standard black plastic/rubber ones?
Standard pedals and mats.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #22
DanDM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 330D M Sport

Hey Andy, nice spec! The ONLY thing you'll miss is the noise. Car before last was a C55AMG with secondary cat delete and custom rear box. Not quite the power of your C63, but equal in aural heaven. But, 335 ain't slow and low tax, mpg in high 40's, no brainer choice for a long commute.
Appreciate 0