E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Spray Wax...

11-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
ChuckBMW3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 335i

Spray Wax...

Just wanted everyone's opinion on the best spray wax.

Here are my top 3:

Shine: Prima Hydro
Longevity/Protection: Optimum Car Wax
Detailer: Chemical Guys P40 Detailer with Carnauba

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Former USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Crimson Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBMW3 View Post
Just wanted everyone's opinion on the best spray wax.

Here are my top 3:

Shine: Prima Hydro
Longevity/Protection: Optimum Car Wax
Detailer: Chemical Guys P40 Detailer with Carnauba

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone.
Chuck,

I've been using spray wax for quite some time. I typically use Griot's Garage Spray Wax - nice fragrance, easy on, and easy off. I use a microfiber towels and typically clay before using the wax (any wax for that matter).

I cannot say how it compares to other spray waxes...not even sure how one would go about testing the various spray waxes.

At SEMA this week, I ran into this guy touting HiLustre Spray Wax. He was actually the president of the company. I agreed to purchase a gallon and give it a whirl.

Second, again while at SEMA, Eagle One was giving away a NANO-spray wax. I have not tried it, but I will. This new technology states: Nano-sized carnauba wax particles are 1/10,000 the size of traditional spray wax particles, filling the finest of scratches...etc. They advertise it's good for chrome, plastic, and glass (and of course paint).

We heard a lot of fine folks out there rave about their products...it's great...long-lasting...brilliant shine...easy...best ever...etc.

I personally would like to see a head to head comparison...black hood...section it off...spray away...wipe and polish dry...then compare...compare again after a week...etc. Test for depth, shine, easy on, easy off, water and dirt repellency, etc.

Semper Fi
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue overpriced POS

I've used Griot's Garage and Zymol. I feel like spray waxes actually remove the wax layers instead of protecting. My wax of choice is Zymol Titanium.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 05:38 AM   #4
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

i really liked meguiars ultimate quik wax and then called a meguiars rep to see if they had anything similar to that in a gallon form and they recommends the detailers x-press spray wax and i just ordered some from autogeek

they had a combo set for 2 gallons and a spray bottle for 24.99 or something and then another 25% off with free shipping.

Also i'm waiting for a chemical guys instawax+ shipment to come in as well.
      12-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I've had VERY impressive results with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. So much so, that I don't bother hand waxing my E92 anymore. For a daily driven car, you cannot beat the results (ease of application, great shine and water-repelling capability).
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
PinnacleAutoCT
Rep
Drives: 04 S60R 6MT: 3" DP, 1" sways

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I've had VERY impressive results with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. So much so, that I don't bother hand waxing my E92 anymore. For a daily driven car, you cannot beat the results (ease of application, great shine and water-repelling capability).
Ultimate Quick Wax is great, it's one of my favorite sealants in terms of looks and ease of application (takes 5-6 minutes). Meguiars D156 is the same product but is much cheaper and available in larger quantities (1 gal= ~$25).
Appreciate 0