E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Eisenmann Sports Exhaust Question

01-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Eisenmann Sports Exhaust Question

Those who frequent the exhaust sub-forum would know that I've been on the lookout for the Eisenmann Sports Exhaust. But since I'm a total noob, I just want to know what the pros/cons of just getting section 3 vs getting the entire eisenmann sports system (section 1,2,3).

I don't know anything what the catless dps are and all the terminology that are in the exhaust thread. Most people only get section 3 installed, is it because adding in the full system replaces the catalytic converter and so affects exhaust pollution/waste = against state regulation or something like that.

Also, one more question, does installing section 3 eisenmann exhaust void my BMW warranty entirely or just the exhaust part only? I'm planning to keep my engine bay untinkered.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
As far as warranty, it does not void it per se. The only way it would is if a problem occured and it was directly linked to the exhaust. BMW would have to prove this. But the chance of any exhaust being the cause of an engine problem is almost zero imo.

Most people only get the rear section of any exhaust, because of cost for one, two they just want an exhaust for a little added power, and three a slightly louder/different tone.

You may also notice that some peeps here that have section 2 and/or 1 one don't do the entire system at once. They do them in incriments. Which is what I will do.

Sure others can think of opinions, but those are the few I thought of.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Ryan.M
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3..E30 325i..72' 2002

With warranty it really depends on what dealership you go to. We have a local BMW dealership that sells tons of Eisenmann systems. Most of the techs and SA's have Eisenmann installed on their personal cars.

If you delete the primary catalytic converters you will have warranty problems. None of the Eisenmann products delete the primary cats.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

What is the weight on the sport and racing exhaust? And what is the difference between the two? I wasn't able to find any info on this on your website. I'm torn between eisenmann and the harman. money needs to go... exhaust needs to come...
Appreciate 0