F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Bent Wheel Hub
Studio RSR

11-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
PushingRedline
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi M-Sport

Bent Wheel Hub

So in an effort to get ready for winter, I put my winter wheels and tires on yesterday. I guess I made a mistake and forgot to completely torque down the front driver wheel all the way. Driving down the road the wheel began to come off! I was able to slowly stop right before it came completely off. Now I was able to get the car home with the winter wheel back on.

At home i realized that the wheel hub rim (that the wheel sits on) is slightly bent in a couple places. The winter wheels sit flush but the stock summer wheels won't. My guess is I have to get the whole hub replaced. Anyone know what kind of price tag I am looking at when I call BMW in the morning?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

The hubs are pretty beefy. No chunks of metal on either the wheel or the hub? How are the threads in the hub? How does the car drive?

The Winter wheel sits flush,while the Summer one doesn't? Makes no sense that the wheel that was on there at the time fits fine and the Summer wheel doesn't. Unless the contact areas are different and something on the hub if preventing the Summer wheel from sitting flush while the Winter wheel has a different contact patch.

Definitely watch the torque on the Winter wheel in the meantime.

Last edited by G30 B58; 11-13-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0