BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
WallyE
e21e21e30e30e30e36Me46Me9 2Me92M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 MBB/rust brown

US Launch?

Just spoke to my sales rep; he said my build date has been advanced from a February build to a January week 3 (week of Jan 13th) build with a February delivery. The order status is currently 112 and he expects it to change to 150 in a couple of days.

Does anyone know if there will be a US launch, similar to the Canadian launch of March 22, where no cars will be released until the date of the launch? I would hate to have to wait an extra month before I get my hands on it knowing the car is sitting on a lot somewhere.

Specs:
jerez black
fox red (no extended)
technology package
moonroof
carbon leather trim
parking distance control
hd radio
ipod/usb adapter
premium sound
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
US launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesew View Post
Just spoke to my sales rep; he said my build date has been advanced from a February build to a January week 3 (week of Jan 13th) build with a February delivery. The order status is currently 112 and he expects it to change to 150 in a couple of days.

Does anyone know if there will be a US launch, similar to the Canadian launch of March 22, where no cars will be released until the date of the launch? I would hate to have to wait an extra month before I get my hands on it knowing the car is sitting on a lot somewhere.
I don't think that will be the case. The car was already debuted at the LA show, so, other than pricing, there should be nothing holding up release. I would expect pricing within the next couple weeks. The Monroney sticker will need to be on the first cars entering the US, so pricing must be finalized. I would expect we'll know that within 2 weeks.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Feb delivery!! Awesome. Gotta know by then. Unless they let you drive the car until pricing is determined.
My dealer said they didn't know the price of the E63 M6 till it was delivered to the dealership.