F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Sports Display Q. + Just saw my 435i
ARMA SPEED

12-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
613Bimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: One car with good steering ;)

Garage List
Sports Display Q. + Just saw my 435i

Hey guys,

I have a quick question for you. I went to go pick up my pre-owned '14 435i XDrive MSport and I noticed something peculiar. The vehicle is supposed to be equipped with M Performance packages 1 & 2 (pre 03/14 build date) but did not have any of the badging under the hood (M power kit + M performance engine cover) despite the presence of the kit on a vin checker and on the car's window sticker. It had all the other options like the exhaust, brakes, etc. Also, the sports displays measured only up till 320 instead of the 400 it should be. Does this mean that it doesn't have the MPPK? The SA @ the dealer is looking it over and will get back to me tomorrow but I'd like to have your opinions on it as well just so that I can get a sense of what I should do with the car. If it doesn't have the MPPK, should I demand for the dealer to pay for an MPPK install or anything else? Otherwise, the car had a small dent in the interior rear wheel arch which came from apparently unloading the car from the transport.

Just a little background info on the car : Premium, Executive, M Sport, M Perf 1 & 2, Adaptive LED headlights, Alpine White on Black Dakota and 600 kms. The car was bought through my dealer on trade in. They got the car from BMW corporate HQ in Toronto. I also got to look around the car and looked at it in great detail. It looks amazing otherwise, I can't wait to get it sometime this week. The X1 that I'm driving as a loaner (since I canceled the insurance on my X3 because it was supposed to be traded today) is pretty decent although doesn't seem to have outstanding build quality per se.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
Alan_NJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi MSport

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
If it has Performance Package 2 then it should have the MPPK.
The stickers and whatnot dont have to be on it, but should have the intake and the sport display should indeed read 400.

Did you check to see if you have the performance exhaust, which is also part of package 2?
Assuming the tips are included then you should see the M logo on them.
(I dont think thats different in Canada)

If you have the exhaust then they likely just didnt install the MPPK.

But with all that said, I dont know if that applies to pre 3/14 builds

2014 335i xdrive MSport AW/CR, SAT, Prem, Tech, HK, DHP, MPPK, MPE, NWA, KMFDM, etc...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
613Bimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: One car with good steering ;)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_NJ View Post
If it has Performance Package 2 then it should have the MPPK.
The stickers and whatnot dont have to be on it, but should have the intake and the sport display should indeed read 400.

Did you check to see if you have the performance exhaust, which is also part of package 2?
Assuming the tips are included then you should see the M logo on them.
(I dont think thats different in Canada)

If you have the exhaust then they likely just didnt install the MPPK.

But with all that said, I dont know if that applies to pre 3/14 builds
It does have the exhaust with the chrome M badged tips. I assume that the only difference between pre and post 3/14 is a different TPMS sensor.
Appreciate 0