F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Navigation provider? And how to report errors?
proTUNING Freaks

12-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
RichardSwe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435i

Navigation provider? And how to report errors?

Anyone know which company provides the map data to BMW?

And, when I find an error in the system (like last week), how can I report it?

Haven't found this info by searching. I did find a US gov't site for reporting, but they want to know the name of the provider of the map data.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
Peter-K
Private
Rep
Drives: 220d M Sport

BMW UK say Navteq and pointed me at https://mapreporter.navteq.com but I found that I was then redirected to here.com (Navteq were bought by Nokia/Microsoft). The problem you then hit is that you can report a map error and after some weeks you'll find here.com has corrected the maps but when BMW will pick up map errors is unknown.

I'm trying to get BMW to acknowledge that there is a routing fault in their NBT Professional system. In simple terms I live on the base of a triangle and any route that, as the crow flies, crosses either of the two other sides can only be routed by the car as a journey along the base of the triangle and then up one of the sides until "a correct" route is met. Connected drive "send to car" routing calculates fast, short and eco routes that on the PC are and look sensible but the car then reroutes round the triangle.

I'm currently being told that car knows it is quicker, shorter and more efficient to drive 8 miles at 45mph climbing and descending 450ft than to drive 2.5 miles at 25mph and climb and descend 150ft. My problem is Connecteddrive, Google maps, here.com, via Michelin and the Kenwood/Garmin unit in my Subaru don't agree with BMW "experts".
Appreciate 0