proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

DIY for Vorsteiner front lip & rear diffuser - Anyone?

I'm about to put my Vorsteiner front lip and rear diffuser that I got from Supreme Power but I assume it's not as easy as the OEM M Performance.

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to install these parts? Any help is great!

Thanks.
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
LibinLu
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 / 435i Gran Coupe

I ordered the rear diffusor from Sean@PSI about 2 months ago...still don't know when it will be shipped....

I think IND posted the rear diffusor DIY before
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I saw first hand yesterday at EAS them installing rear diffusor and it looked pretty intense. Had to drill new holes and also remove the bumper. The end result was pretty jaw dropping though. The cars rear was completely transformed and was super aggressive.

Forum member "Deviant" is the lucky owner

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!

Last edited by GOLFFRR; 12-13-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I saw first hand yesterday at EAS them installing rear diffusor and it looked pretty intense. Had to drill new holes and also remove the bumper. The end result was pretty jaw dropping though. The cars rear was completely transformed and was super aggressive.

Forum member "Deviant" is the lucky owner
I was really hoping that I didn't have to drill holes. I thought that it may use the bumper holes already there but I guess not. No pain, no gain!
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
I was really hoping that I didn't have to drill holes. I thought that it may use the bumper holes already there but I guess not. No pain, no gain!
Thats what the owner was thinking also but that was not the case. EAS had to add some holes to attach it. But I will say it looks amazing!

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Thats what the owner was thinking also but that was not the case. EAS had to add some holes to attach it. But I will say it looks amazing!
I wish I knew more about putting parts on cars lol.. I doubt I could even take off the bumpers considering the sensors and cameras inside. The bumper also looks like it's attached very, very well.

I guess I'll need to shell out some more money to get these bad boys installed.. Oh well, what's another few hundred bucks compared to the thousands I've spent already lol
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
I wish I knew more about putting parts on cars lol.. I doubt I could even take off the bumpers considering the sensors and cameras inside. The bumper also looks like it's attached very, very well.

I guess I'll need to shell out some more money to get these bad boys installed.. Oh well, what's another few hundred bucks compared to the thousands I've spent already lol
exactly! leave it to the pros! you can pm member Deviant for more info on install

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
Jay1994
Banned
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

If you haven't gotten the lip installed you can give us a call when we get back and we can walk you through it via Skype or FaceTime! We return to the shop January 5th. PM me if you need assistance and I can set you up for a time to get your lip installed. It should take about 45 minutes
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #9
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1994 View Post
If you haven't gotten the lip installed you can give us a call when we get back and we can walk you through it via Skype or FaceTime! We return to the shop January 5th. PM me if you need assistance and I can set you up for a time to get your lip installed. It should take about 45 minutes
So is taking off the bumper and drilling needed 100%?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
Jay1994
Banned
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1994 View Post
So is taking off the bumper and drilling needed 100%?
I believe drilling is, but bumper removal is not
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #11
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Is best to remove the bumper as the figment for rear isnt 100%..... We drilled few holes and used some metals to strap the rear diffuser so that it doesnt shake while driving!!! The diffuser will move and scratch my arkrapovic exhaust tips....

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0