E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Progman and WinKFP usage

01-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
allotherareused
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d, f30

Progman and WinKFP usage

Hi guys,

Starting this thread because my problem is irrelevan in this case and want to understand better what Progman is doing.

Details of what happen are in following post but I will made resume and conclusion here :
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1073208

- DSC was in some unstable state, some piece in module about to die. I am not sure about that but probability is 95%.
- I've tried to update this using Progman at least 5x, probably more, and each time Progman failed but somehow after that Progman have left device (DSC) working but inactive. I wasn't able to activate this, errors persists, can't initialize lateral sensors and/or steering column sensor but this is present in system. INPA or any other application can see existing device on address 0x29.
- After couple failed update I've did update with WinKFP and this failed as well but with big difference. After that device become invisible to car. There is nothing anymore on address 0x29.

Mi intention in this thread is not to discuss hardware problem, why update failed etc but to understand what Progman did different each time and device was visible after failed update.

So far, my conclusion is :
1a. Progman start update and failed
1b. After failed attempt progman did "something" and restart device in previous state

2a. I've did update from WinKFP and WinKFP failed
2b. I didn't performed some action in order to reset device in previous state.

Maybe I am wrong and maybe this is just weird coincidence to have this dead after first one update with WinKFP but so far my conclusion is : I've killed DSC because I didn't knew what to do in point "2b".

Any idea is welcome, not in order to solve existing problem but in order to avoid same mistake in future.

Thank you in advance,
Dejan
Appreciate 0