F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Camber Issue after Accident
GetBMWParts

01-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
tsakhan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Camber Issue after Accident

I was pulling out of a parking lot and a pick up truck hit my front passenger side. Fender, front bumper,, right head light, shock and shock mount were replaced. Now when i took my car to have my winter tires put on and aligned, Firestone said the front right camber is way in (-1.4°). I am not sure what to make of, any thoughts what could be causing it? I am thinking upper and/or lower control arms? But i've also heard on the forums that Firestone can't adjust camber on some BMW's. This is a 2014 328i. Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

wait the guys that patched your car up didn't bother doing an alignment? idiots.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

You need to take it back to the shop that did the repairs to inspect the suspension and frame as the side that was hit is way out and needs to be addressed. Front camber is not easily adjustable (really not at all) and likely needs to have parts replaced. They should have checked everything before they returned your car after repairs. If you went through insurance, it's probably a good idea to inform them too as they should be covering this cost as well.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
tsakhan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post
You need to take it back to the shop that did the repairs to inspect the suspension and frame as the side that was hit is way out and needs to be addressed. Front camber is not easily adjustable (really not at all) and likely needs to have parts replaced. They should have checked everything before they returned your car after repairs. If you went through insurance, it's probably a good idea to inform them too as they should be covering this cost as well.
Do you know typically, what parts will need to be replaced. Because when i got the bill from them earlier, i know they replaces the shock, shock mount and spring. I will be taking it back to them on Saturday, but I wanted to be somewhat informed prior to taking it back.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #5
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakhan View Post
Do you know typically, what parts will need to be replaced. Because when i got the bill from them earlier, i know they replaces the shock, shock mount and spring. I will be taking it back to them on Saturday, but I wanted to be somewhat informed prior to taking it back.
I don't know specifically (pivot bearing comes to mind as potential), but if they felt that those parts were damaged, I don't know how other items were not replaced are not as none of those actually dictate the camber (maybe the mount). Prior to replacing those parts, did they provide photos to show damage? Again, I'd have your insurance company deal with it unless you had to pay out of pocket for some reason.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 0