E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > CCFL kit help

01-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #1
soarhigh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Xdrive

Garage List
CCFL kit help

Hey guys , one of my mates sold his 06 325 and had this CCFL kit he never used. He gave them to me before he left the country and haven't talked since. I have a general idea of the instal up to the wiring and crimping steps etc.... I can't find any instructions on the internet or videos. I have an e90 with the old style OEM lights. Can anyone link me to instructions or a DIY ? Thank you. Got some pics of the kit and my current lights . Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
So you only have 2 rings? If this kit was applicable to the Halogen E90 Headlights you would need 4 rights: 2 for the outers (larger), 2 for the inners (smaller).

As far as the wiring goes (assuming you have the correct rings), It should be pretty similar install to LED rings like Umnitza (plenty of youtube videos if you search google). Not sure if CCFL draw enough amperage but you may need a resistor. Most people buy a cheap LED AE bulb to snag the resistor from to avoid getting a code.

Hope this helps!
      01-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
soarhigh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
It actually does come with 4 I just didn't posted it . But great I was able to find a tutorial on umnitza install which is all I need! I will look Into the resistor and LED bulb. Thanks a lot , really helped!
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarhigh View Post
Hey guys , one of my mates sold his 06 325 and had this CCFL kit he never used. He gave them to me before he left the country and haven't talked since. I have a general idea of the instal up to the wiring and crimping steps etc.... I can't find any instructions on the internet or videos. I have an e90 with the old style OEM lights. Can anyone link me to instructions or a DIY ? Thank you. Got some pics of the kit and my current lights . Cheers
very easy, I can confirm that the kit that you have contains everything required for the retrofit.

Connect the rings to your black inverters. From the black inverters, you see two wires, black and red. Those are positive and negative wire that you would connect to your halos' positive and negative wires.

now for e90 is a little trickier than e92. First thing you need to do is locate where your halos' bulb is. If you're unable to do that, just take a photo of the top and bottom of your headlight housing, I will point to you exactly where it is.

good luck with the project, let me know if you need further help.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
soarhigh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Concept View Post
very easy, I can confirm that the kit that you have contains everything required for the retrofit.

Connect the rings to your black inverters. From the black inverters, you see two wires, black and red. Those are positive and negative wire that you would connect to your halos' positive and negative wires.

now for e90 is a little trickier than e92. First thing you need to do is locate where your halos' bulb is. If you're unable to do that, just take a photo of the top and bottom of your headlight housing, I will point to you exactly where it is.

good luck with the project, let me know if you need further help.
Thank you very much, ill be looking at your instructions when i get to that step, Saturday im going to start it. Ill send pictures and keep you updated. much appreciated!
Appreciate 0