F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Lowering Springs F36
GetBMWParts

01-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
cmonter3323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

Lowering Springs F36

has anyone had any luck finding lowering springs or coilovers for the F36? Im looking for some but cant find any, ill appreciate it if you guys can shed any info on this topic or any pics!!
thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

For coils I have confirmed BC Racing has something. Another poster has seen on the KW German website there is a V1 option. The part number corresponds to the one for the F33. My concern with this is that the minimum drop is 40mm which is a bit more than I want. However, KW US won't confirm fitment with the F36 since it is not officially released here. Using the logic that the F33 model will fit F36 I believe Bilstein also has an offering.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #3
ryanSTL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 435GC rwd

AC Schnitzer apparently has springs, a full sport suspension, and a full track suspension.
http://www.acschnitzer-us.com/bmw-ca...uspension.html

H&R is advertising sport springs for the F36.

I'd prefer Dinan, but no word from them yet. I just sent them another email.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
TN2G
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe

I'm actually in the same boat as cmonter3323, same car and in the Southern California area. I have Alan @ **********s helping me with suspension ideas. I'm really anxious to get something since I've already ordered my wheels.

I'll pass along anything I find out.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
cmonter3323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2G View Post
I'm actually in the same boat as cmonter3323, same car and in the Southern California area. I have Alan @ **********s helping me with suspension ideas. I'm really anxious to get something since I've already ordered my wheels.

I'll pass along anything I find out.
what kind of wheels did you get? could you pm me who helped you out? i work in orange and live in whittier so it be nice to bounce ideas off each other! it would be nice to see another gran coupe!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
wenger2k
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435xi GC

Any update on this?

Since this thread was several months ago would be interested in hearing if anyone did anything and get any real world feedback.

I've heard from a few folks that the H&Rs are the same for F32 & F36 and those that have put them on F36's with xdrive and/or the 35 engine haven't been happy but to be honest this has been here-say feedback and haven't talked to anyone that's actually got them. I've got what I assume is the heaviest package - 435 GC with xdrive and I'm a bit worried about using the H&R kit. I've pinged Dinan a couple of times and haven't heard of any plans for them to have a set yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenger2k View Post
Since this thread was several months ago would be interested in hearing if anyone did anything and get any real world feedback.

I've heard from a few folks that the H&Rs are the same for F32 & F36 and those that have put them on F36's with xdrive and/or the 35 engine haven't been happy but to be honest this has been here-say feedback and haven't talked to anyone that's actually got them. I've got what I assume is the heaviest package - 435 GC with xdrive and I'm a bit worried about using the H&R kit. I've pinged Dinan a couple of times and haven't heard of any plans for them to have a set yet.
ACS springs have been known to perform quite well.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenger2k View Post

HR smacks of a hack job. The heavier cars, CGs, x-drives, 35 engine models, should get stiffer springs than the non-GC coupes, non-x-drives and 28 engine models. Maybe from the 28 to the 35 we aren't talking a radical difference, but we are talking several hundred pounds from one extreme to the other.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #9
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have a 428GC X-drive with H&R springs and Bilstein B8 shocks only in the rear. I'm also on OEM 18" runflats at the moment.

Little background info about living in Montreal, where 95% of the streets are brutal and about 50% of those brutal streets shouldn't even be legal to drive on. Where the average depth of a pothole is 4". Where the city will freshly pave a road and for some brilliant reason the manhole covers are 2-3" below the street level.

That being said, the suspension is good. It rides smooth and takes normal bumps and potholes very well. To be honest, the runflats are what kills the ride, but I'll be swapping those out soon! I would say that it drives stiffer than OEM setup, but not over the top.

The only thing I would say that kinda bothered me was that they don't go very low. Yes, they lower ~1.25" but when you have a 4" wheel gap lol, the drop isn't that significant. It looks good, kinda the way it should come OEM. It's just a little of a bummer to spend money on suspension when the car doesn't really look lowered.

Appreciate 1
      09-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
Squiden
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Here was my review on the ACS springs - I still love them.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1148999
Appreciate 0