BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
TCS(813/727)
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/M-Package

X5M Blindspot mirrors

Hey guys! I am new to the forums and BMW altogether. I recently just bought a 2015 Black Sapphire Metallic X-Drive 35i X5 with the M-Package and love the car! However mines was bought from a dealer and did not include the driver convenience package with blind spot monitoring and active cruise control. I was wondering if they made a blind spot mirror specifically for the 2015's. I asked the parts dept at the dealership and was told everything comes directly built from the factory and a stand-alone mirror was not available for purchase to stick on to the side mirrors. Is this true and if so, does anyone know of any blindspot mirrors that would sit flush with the factory side mirrors? I noticed the factory mirrors are a weird triangular shape and have slight a concave shape to them. Thanks in advance for any info!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
This subforum is focused on the X5M and X6M, which actually have totally different shape mirrors (we don't know if they use the same glass yet, as no-one has theirs delivered!)

I know from personal experience that EU (at least UK) vehicles have a cool ashpherical lens that US vehicles don't. However, we drive on the other side of the road so that wouldn't work...

I'd ask the same question over on the main forum and see if anyone with more experience of the X5 has a better idea....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
TCS(813/727)
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/M-Package

Will do. Thank you!