E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need some minor coding assistance

02-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Need some minor coding assistance

I put together a list of things to code based on that coding spreadsheet that is floating around.

Things I've coded successfully:
- Digital Speedo
- Disabled Speedo Corrector
- Enabled shift suggestions
- Disabled iDrive Legal Disclaimer
- Enabled iDrive DRL submenu
- Enabled Adaptive headlight option in iDrive
- Enabled video while driving (haven't tested this yet)
- Close windows / roof and fold mirrors with CA and FOB

Issue
Disabled Seatbelt chimes for both seats, using nicht_aktiv for SBR_FAHRER_1 and SBR_BEIFAHRER_1. I assumed this would disable some of the annoying chimes on startup but that isn't the case. I may be getting an extra chime as I just got the car and it is just due for the brake fluid service that I will be doing this spring. I haven't tested if it actually disabled the seatbelt chime as I always wear my belt.

Also, what other cool features should I code? I feel I'm starting to run out of the normal coding stuff. I'm not sure what the RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR coding does but it wasn't successful for mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
js335in54
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMw e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
I put together a list of things to code based on that coding spreadsheet that is floating around.

Things I've coded successfully:
- Digital Speedo
- Disabled Speedo Corrector
- Enabled shift suggestions
- Disabled iDrive Legal Disclaimer
- Enabled iDrive DRL submenu
- Enabled Adaptive headlight option in iDrive
- Enabled video while driving (haven't tested this yet)
- Close windows / roof and fold mirrors with CA and FOB

Issue
Disabled Seatbelt chimes for both seats, using nicht_aktiv for SBR_FAHRER_1 and SBR_BEIFAHRER_1. I assumed this would disable some of the annoying chimes on startup but that isn't the case. I may be getting an extra chime as I just got the car and it is just due for the brake fluid service that I will be doing this spring. I haven't tested if it actually disabled the seatbelt chime as I always wear my belt.

Also, what other cool features should I code? I feel I'm starting to run out of the normal coding stuff. I'm not sure what the RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR coding does but it wasn't successful for mine.

en anable oil level to show on cluster when you press the bc button you will see it

on Kombi:

MOTORSPORT set to wert01

Double Blink Hazards (NFrM):

DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK set to aktiv
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Mine already has the oil level on the cluster enabled. There were a couple of other things in that spreadsheet that were enabled...possible my car had light previous light coding.

Double blink hazards - is that any time they are on or just post accident?

Found Issue #2:
Coded for fogs on with high beams. It doesn't work. LH_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ set to nicht_aktiv.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
js335in54
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
Mine already has the oil level on the cluster enabled. There were a couple of other things in that spreadsheet that were enabled...possible my car had light previous light coding.

Double blink hazards - is that any time they are on or just post accident?

Found Issue #2:
Coded for fogs on with high beams. It doesn't work. LH_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ set to nicht_aktiv.
the oil level shows different than stock oil level. and it dosnt dissapear after few seconds like the stock does.
double blink hazards anytime you press the hazard button.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 08:04 PM   #5
js335in54
Banned
Rep

change blinkin frequency when soft touching the signal up to 6 blinks...

disable tail lights when drl are on so only front angel lights are on intead of the both..

change the time to close.windows n mirrors.. instantly.
Appreciate 0