E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Accident this morning, now I need some parts

02-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550i

Accident this morning, now I need some parts

Hi guys,

It sucks that I have to post something like this but I got into an accident this morning in CT. The state decided to cut budget and there isn't any salt on the road. I was on my way to work early morning and hit an ice batch trying to stop for the red light. My car went forward and hit another guy's Lexus RX rushing to work as well. I know our car has AWD and I possibly could try steering out of his path but he was in a panic moment, hit his brake and skidding forward as well. I ended up hitting his rear driver quarter by the rear wheel. Right after the collision, his car looks prefect, however, as we moved toward the side to clear off the intersection, his rear wheel was leaning to the side. Anyhow, I guess it was bad luck but the guy and I both walk away unharmed. He was an older mid 50 ish gentleman and he tried to be nice to me so I hope things don't escalate beyond reasonable property damages.

As of right now, shops around CT are very busy after historical amount of snow during last week and yesterday. I called New Country BMW in Hartford and they referred me to their go-to body shop. I took the car there, the guy gave the car a quick glance and he said minimum 8k, maybe more. I think it's definitely a ripoff so I'm thinking of buying the parts myself. Here are a quick list of what I need at this point:
. Front standard bumper (headlight washer and grill as well)
. side front fenders (prob just the right passenger but if someone has the left one, I would take as well since the tabs are broken as well)
. Left headlight (with adaptive option. Mine light is still light up and working so I'm not sure whether i would just need the housing)

My car is a MY08 328xi coupe in Alpine white.

Thank you and be safe out there everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
monkeybingo
First Lieutenant
Mongolia
Rep
Drives: 121

FYI. If this was due to the ICE on road, should be covered under Comprehensive. This won't affect your Insurance Premium. Unless you have no coverage on your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
DSrugis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Sorry to hear about the accident...glad you are alright. Nothing to be ashamed about. Nothing I can help you with unfortunately but wish you the best in getting the car returned to its previous state.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
LaserPower
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi -> E90 N55

No reason to not go for insurance...did you cut your budget as well by not getting winter tires lol~8k does not sound too bad for proper repair.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #5
YGazis109
Yiannis Gazis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Was the body shop airport auto?
1st Bimmer - 2007 328xi | SGM | e90 | Premium | Navi | Gloss black trim | Cold | AA headers | 3 stage intake manifold | AA stage 3 tune | AFE stage 2 intake | Cyba Scoops | OEM Blacklines | OEM LCI mtech front bumper | OEM LCI hood | OEM gloss black kidney grills | Orion v4 LED halos with blackout headlights | Valentine 1 Radar | Sport wheel with paddles | kw v1 coilovers | VMR 710 | Continental ExtremeContact DW |
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #6
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybingo View Post
FYI. If this was due to the ICE on road, should be covered under Comprehensive. This won't affect your Insurance Premium. Unless you have no coverage on your car.
yea, that's what I have heard from other people as well, however, when you get into a situation like this, the insurance company will say you were going to fast given the condition of the road - which means if you are going 5mph and slide on ice, you are still going too fast based on the condition. I have full coverage on my car, however, the 7-8k estimate is such a ripoff. Given the way the body shop guy talked, I'm sure the insurance will end up paying closer to 10k. I was just thinking of fixing it myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #7
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSrugis View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident...glad you are alright. Nothing to be ashamed about. Nothing I can help you with unfortunately but wish you the best in getting the car returned to its previous state.
Thanks, I think it was bad but things could have been a lot worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserPower View Post
No reason to not go for insurance...did you cut your budget as well by not getting winter tires lol~8k does not sound too bad for proper repair.
I just got brand new set of the most expensive & the newest Micheline all season tires the end of the summer. Based on first hand experience, I can guarantee that Continental has better traction on ice/snow than Micheline eventhough Consumer's report said otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGazis109 View Post
Yea, have you dealt with them before?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
YGazis109
Yiannis Gazis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSander
Quote:
Yea, have you dealt with them before?
Yeah man they are great! I dealt with the son, tony, and they worked with me on everything I would definitely recommend them because they did an outstanding job on my front end collision this summer and I am very anal about my car! They are a class act and very professional about everything!
1st Bimmer - 2007 328xi | SGM | e90 | Premium | Navi | Gloss black trim | Cold | AA headers | 3 stage intake manifold | AA stage 3 tune | AFE stage 2 intake | Cyba Scoops | OEM Blacklines | OEM LCI mtech front bumper | OEM LCI hood | OEM gloss black kidney grills | Orion v4 LED halos with blackout headlights | Valentine 1 Radar | Sport wheel with paddles | kw v1 coilovers | VMR 710 | Continental ExtremeContact DW |
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 12:13 AM   #10
BlueSander
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah man they are great! I dealt with the son, tony, and they worked with me on everything I would definitely recommend them because they did an outstanding job on my front end collision this summer and I am very anal about my car! They are a class act and very professional about everything!
I see. I think Rich must be the father then. He is taking care of my car, however, they are a bit backed up right now. I can't wait to get my car back. My rental is the new 2014 C-class and this car surprised me so much. I think it handles much better than the 3 series actually but I'm paying extra to drive this car as well for now.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #11
djkevinnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i FBO

I have a e90 front bumper. It does not have headlamp washers, but if you'd want to delete them, we could do that easily.
e90 jet black on terra//pure stage 2//fuel-it stage 3 lpfp & pi w. return//motiv tuned//vrsf dps//vtt inlets & outlets//helix fmic // er w. hks bov // bms dcis // spec stage 3+ w. mfactory smfw // cdv delete // clutch stopper // kw v1 // m3 control arms // whiteline fsb // cic|combox|backup camera retrofit // m3 headliner retrofit
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 07:18 PM   #12
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sorry to hear! Hope it all works out for you!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 01:36 AM   #13
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Goodluck.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #14
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserPower
I don't care if you have the best tires on the market- on ice, you're screwed...trust me.

The least practical possibility would have been metal studded tires (like Nokians), but for the amount of occasions you'll actually use them- and unless you have ice 365 days out of the year- I hardly see them worth the purchase.
Appreciate 0