E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > DTEC Angel eyes problem - advice

02-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #1
BMSE92_Harry
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

DTEC Angel eyes problem - advice

I purchased a set of DTEC angel eyes around October 2013, paid almost 200 bucks for the kit from a vendor here E92-lighting. It was the brightest and newest angel eyes upgrade for my 08 335i PRELCI at the time. Installation was pretty simple and Derrick was easy to work with.
But a months into the install, I kept getting random malfunction on my car about passenger side daylight running light malfunction, and the angel eye on the passenger side would stop working; but every time when I touched the wiring of the module, it would come back on, and I just have to move to wire to a sweet spot for it to stay on. It was like the for awhile, I emailed Derrick about the problem and he said they are working on the problem with the manufacture.
Lately, the problem came back again and this time it is very persistent. The malfunction light would come on if I run over a bump or uneven road. it was getting extremely annoying having the light malfunction when the wire or module move in space.
I emailed E92-lighting again and told them about the problem. They mentioned that they would cover it under warranty if I send the kit back; but the kit that they will send me, they cannot gurrantee if the problem would go away. They suggested that I upgrade the kit to the new module, normally it is 80 dollars plus shipping, I would have to pay 60 dollars shipped. has anyone with DTEC angel eyes experience the same issue as me? Did anyone pay the extra money to upgrade to the new module?
To me I had issue with the light on and off for awhile. It's great when it is working properly. I don't know if I want to pay more money when I already paid almost 200 upfront for a product that has warranty at the first place. At this point, I like to see what other's experience before I make a decision.
Thanks for reading this And any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrychiu012 View Post
I purchased a set of DTEC angel eyes around October 2013, paid almost 200 bucks for the kit from a vendor here E92-lighting. It was the brightest and newest angel eyes upgrade for my 08 335i PRELCI at the time. Installation was pretty simple and Derrick was easy to work with.
But a months into the install, I kept getting random malfunction on my car about passenger side daylight running light malfunction, and the angel eye on the passenger side would stop working; but every time when I touched the wiring of the module, it would come back on, and I just have to move to wire to a sweet spot for it to stay on. It was like the for awhile, I emailed Derrick about the problem and he said they are working on the problem with the manufacture.
Lately, the problem came back again and this time it is very persistent. The malfunction light would come on if I run over a bump or uneven road. it was getting extremely annoying having the light malfunction when the wire or module move in space.
I emailed E92-lighting again and told them about the problem. They mentioned that they would cover it under warranty if I send the kit back; but the kit that they will send me, they cannot gurrantee if the problem would go away. They suggested that I upgrade the kit to the new module, normally it is 80 dollars plus shipping, I would have to pay 60 dollars shipped. has anyone with DTEC angel eyes experience the same issue as me? Did anyone pay the extra money to upgrade to the new module?
To me I had issue with the light on and off for awhile. It's great when it is working properly. I don't know if I want to pay more money when I already paid almost 200 upfront for a product that has warranty at the first place. At this point, I like to see what other's experience before I make a decision.
Thanks for reading this And any advice would be appreciated.
When we first starting offering our DTECS angel eyes, it was the very first prototype of driver modules, since then, we have our newer and less prone to having issue driver modules, as you mentioned, whether its our first prototype of driver modules or our latter version of driver modules, both types will fully resolve your issue just how it originally came from us, however, the reason why we recommended our latest driver modules is because the design has vastly improved now in addition to much longer lifespan, well passed a year and yes there are plenty of members who currently have the latest driver modules, no issues quite frankly since these just came out about 3 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

your issue was resolved now, and the issue was actually an installation gone wrong, as there was never an issue with our DTECS to begin with. please post some installed shots later
Appreciate 0