E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > NCSEXPERT Full ECU Modules (CIC, KOMBI, FRM, SHD)?

02-18-2015, 05:27 AM   #1
Boelube335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 335i sedan m sport

NCSEXPERT Full ECU Modules (CIC, KOMBI, FRM, SHD)?

Tonight I attempted to code my vehicle ('11 335i) for the first time minus Alpina B3 flash (which I did successfully last week). I was following a PDF DIY Tutorial, link to the PDF found here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261 In the PDF they give an example for the first code to be the "BC_DIGITAL_V" which displays the speed digitally. This code was not listed in my FSW_PSW text. EDIT: Just reread the BMW_E9x Code List Doc and noticed it says this is under KOMBI, not sure why the pdf said CAS.

I'm assuming I'm missing the full modules and more, because when I tried loading NFRM to disable reverse lights cold bulb check (KALTUEBERWACHUNG_RL) it was not in there as well. Also, I don't see a warm bulb check code on the google doc, does anyone know the code for this?

Here is the list that pops up when I hit F3 ZCS/FA f. ECU

Is there anywhere I can get the full list of modules such as CIC,KOMBI, FRM, SHD, ETC; so I can code other things? I tried searching and it seems like most of the stuff is from '10 and/or links are no longer hosted.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 05:41 AM   #2
f3adm
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Sapphire Black

Choose CAS, let it load your vin number etc then hit back, then press PROCESS ECU. This should bring up a list of all ECU's.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
Boelube335
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3adm View Post
Choose CAS, let it load your vin number etc then hit back, then press PROCESS ECU. This should bring up a list of all ECU's.
Oh man, thanks!

Also, where would I find the reverse cold/warm bulb check for the reverse lights? The doc sames it would be in the CIC module, but I don't see it. Would it be under something else for the '11? They only have the cold bulb check and not the warm check listed as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelube335
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3adm View Post
Oh man, thanks!

Also, where would I find the reverse cold/warm bulb check for the reverse lights? The doc sames it would be in the CIC module, but I don't see it. Would it be under something else for the '11? They only have the cold bulb check and not the warm check listed as well.
FRM/FRM2, kinda depends on what your car has. You probably have FRM2 being that its a 2011. The 3 modules you showed in your screen shot are VO retaining ECU's. That NFRM shows as FRM after looking in your ECU list. Don't know why but it does. There are cold and warm bulb warnings. Don't remember offhand but they are in FRM ECU or one of its variants. I suggest making a copy of the PSW file for ALL of your modules before coding. That way you can easily restore if you screw up. Usually you can't code if you input an invalid value. Good luck.
      02-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Boelube335
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you, I'll give this a shot tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
f3adm
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelube335 View Post
Oh man, thanks!

Yep just as said in the last post it should be in the NFRM module, the CIC is for your head unit/sat nav.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 03:10 AM   #7
Boelube335
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the help f3adm!

Found the code under something different than listed on the doc.

For those wondering/searching the code for mine was under NFRM:

Reverse Lights
Cold - KALTUE_RFS_M2_47_M1_9
Warm - WARMUE_RFS_M2_47_M1_9

Last edited by Boelube335; 02-22-2015 at 04:31 AM..
Appreciate 0