Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

What's everyone's colour?

Hi Guys,

I am playing with the idea of changing to an M4 in the next few days...

Debating what colour to go with, am stuck with either of the following 3 as being my primary choice:

1. Sakhir Orange
2. Austin Yellow
3. Yas Marina

I think those are the three colours that make the M4 stand out from the crowd.

Would love your opinion please or some pics of your own motor.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
Axelf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35is...

Mine is Mineral White ... It looks silver in some light
      02-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelf
Mine is Mineral White ... It looks silver in some light
I love Mineral White, but as I've had it before, I wanted something different. I like the idea of the colours mentioned above as your distinguishing the M from the rest and in a way it reminds me of super cars colours
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Hello MWA.....

On the coupe I think SO looks best from the launch M colours! Good luck.
      02-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Car Chris
Hello MWA.....

On the coupe I think SO looks best from the launch M colours! Good luck.
Thanks Chris,

I've seen your SB, the stealth look is very elegant, and it's very suited with SO interior. My only issue is keeping the black clean.

I loved the SO from launch pics as you've said but I've seen it on the showroom and it looked amazing then saw it on the road and it weren't as good.

Austin yellow, reminds me of that mustard coloured e46 M3 which I didn't really like the colour much, but it think it suits the M4 better.

Right now am leaning towards SO
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Tanzanite is beautiful, but I went with BSM
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso
Tanzanite is beautiful, but I went with BSM
I saw a tanzanite convertible 4 series today in the showroom, from very close the colour is a beauty and one of the best I've seen.... Walk away from it a few meters and it just looks navy.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #8
rjsuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 6MT. SSII

Or stand out from the M4 crowd and go for silverstone silver!
Haven't regretted my choice but not for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #9
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

My choice was between Mineral white, SO and Austin Yellow

Chose mineral white in the end

would have gone with SO otherwise
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #10
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

I've seen all three and unfortunately all three look really good.
AY looks amazing in sunlight but be prepared for it to look like a "gold" car most of the time, in some lighting a greenish tint barely shines through to show a different side.

SO is the weirdest and probably most unique. It looks reddish to light maroon except in sunlight. The first time I walked up to it in the shade I swore it was a red car. The orange metallic looks amazing in the sun.

YMB looks like a really light milky blue color, but changes from a light blue to a smurf blue in different lighting and then in the sun the metallic changes the color beautifully. It's the color I chose and get compliments on it everywhere.

I had to choose btw an AY and YMB and it took me more than thirty minutes of looking at each from different angles and taking pictures at the dealership.....with my wife's insistence I picked the YMB finally and now maybe the color grew on me but it was the best choice.

If I had my choice 100% the way I would want it would be Mineral White with full so leather interior....with YMB a close second with the same interior. I don't care what's rare or common, I care about what I like to look at and be happy in.

The silverstone is supposedly the M department's favourite color as it shows the lines the best. Hard choice, all good colors and when you finally take one home it will grow on you and suddenly it's the best color.

sorry for the crappy pic...
Attached Images

Last edited by Blksnowflake; 02-22-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #11
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
I've seen all three and unfortunately all three look really good.
AY looks amazing in sunlight but be prepared for it to look like a "gold" car most of the time, in some lighting a greenish tint barely shines through to show a different side.

SO is the weirdest and probably most unique. It looks reddish to light maroon except in sunlight. The first time I walked up to it in the shade I swore it was a red car. The orange metallic looks amazing in the sun.

YMB looks like a really light milky blue color, but changes from a light blue to a smurf blue in different lighting and then in the sun the metallic changes the color beautifully. It's the color I chose and get compliments on it everywhere.

I had to choose btw an AY and YMB and it took me more than thirty minutes of looking at each from different angles and taking pictures at the dealership.....with my wife's insistence I picked the YMB finally and now maybe the color grew on me but it was the best choice.

If I had my choice 100% the way I would want it would be Mineral White with full so leather interior....with YMB a close second with the same interior. I don't care what's rare or common, I care about what I like to look at and be happy in.

The silverstone is supposedly the M department's favourite color as it shows the lines the best. Hard choice, all good colors and when you finally take one home it will grow on you and suddenly it's the best color.
Thank you for the advice. Love the idea of Yas Marina Blue, my only issue would be its quite similar to my Estoril Blue atm (which I love but fancy a change)

I also seem to think it suits the M3 more than the M4 :

Off to the showrooms tomorrow to see the colours in flesh
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #12
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Estoril ablue and YMB are nothing alike if you put them next to each other.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 12:48 AM   #13
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335
Estoril ablue and YMB are nothing alike if you put them next to each other.
I agree, well it looks a lot more pale
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:47 AM   #14
Hawaii i8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i8 coupe

Garage List
AY... because its like dating a supermodel
      02-23-2015, 02:55 AM   #15
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
Thanks Chris,

I've seen your SB, the stealth look is very elegant, and it's very suited with SO interior. My only issue is keeping the black clean.

I loved the SO from launch pics as you've said but I've seen it on the showroom and it looked amazing then saw it on the road and it weren't as good.

Austin yellow, reminds me of that mustard coloured e46 M3 which I didn't really like the colour much, but it think it suits the M4 better.

That surprises me about SO on the road, there's a local SO M5 and it looks amazing driving past, it was sunny both says I saw it though.
      02-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #16
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Chris,

That surprises me about SO on the road, there's a local SO M5 and it looks amazing driving past, it was sunny both says I saw it though.
Chris, was your car factory order or dealer stock? Am asking because I've seen you've got a sunroof which normally I would never buy a car if it doesn't have one unless it's a convertible

I love my sunroofs yet I love the overall car look with carbon roof..

I find them very unpopular with the M4's here in the UK. If I go the coupe route, sunroof or not? Confused :
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #17
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

I think the sun roof is unpopular because people would be mental to turn down a carbon roof when it is what sets the M3/4 apart from the rest.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:00 AM   #18
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

Tanzanite!!! I love dark navy cars and from a distance or in normal day light it looks lovely. When the sun hits it though it just pops into an amazing vibrant blue which is hard to describe but I am in love with it!
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:36 AM   #19
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Chris,

Chris, was your car factory order or dealer stock? Am asking because I've seen you've got a sunroof which normally I would never buy a car if it doesn't have one unless it's a convertible

I find them very unpopular with the M4's here in the UK. If I go the coupe route, sunroof or not? Confused :
Factory order for me, I knew I'd never find a stock car with SR. In lieu of CF
      03-03-2015, 01:49 AM   #20
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335
I think the sun roof is unpopular because people would be mental to turn down a carbon roof when it is what sets the M3/4 apart from the rest.
That's exactly how I saw it and set an exception to stay out with the carbon roof. I have never owned a car without a sunroof unless it was a convertible
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:51 AM   #21
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Chris,

Factory order for me, I knew I'd never find a stock car with SR. In lieu of CF
Oh Chris! Don't do this to me, am already trying to resist using my sunroof on my current car. I think with black cars the carbon roof is less noticeable so you could get away without it easier
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 02:34 AM   #22
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandM4
AY... because its like dating a supermodel
Love it! I've gone with AY. Part of me still leans toward SO mainly because I love the red colour and red cars, however Sakhir is actually orange but does show as red depending on lightening so I like it when it's red and I don't when it's burnt out orange.

The order has gone to factory, dealer wanted to have car by end of March for target purposes. I could still change for SO but am 70% convinced on the Yellow

Do you have any regrets?
Appreciate 0