F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Need Help with Suspension Choices/Questions –*2015 335xi
ARMA SPEED

02-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
Neb3series
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi MSport MPPK MPE 6MT

Need Help with Suspension Choices/Questions –*2015 335xi

I know there are threads on this but I feel I have some specific questions. I've had for about 5 months now a custom order 2015 335xi with MPPK, MPE, 6MT, etc. Been loving nearly everything about it (I had a 2014 328xi before this and loved it as well), save for the xDrive suspension and subsequent "floaty" feel and what I perceive to be body roll in tight turns. I DID NOT get DHP and I'm seeing that may have been a bad thing, however I'm feeling good about the many positive reviews on Dinan's xDrive suspension and bump-stops. I am running 19inch 442 orbit grey wheels with mixed performance summer tires.

Questions:

1. Thoughts on Dinan's suspension? I'd like a good warranty and willing to pay extra for that. The 3/4 inch drop seems to be about right (I have the OEM Splitter and not sure I want to go super low like H&R Springs).

2. How can I avoid (if at all) the 7 hours work time to install Dinan springs and supplemental ride quality kit? That makes it pretty damn expensive, if you think the $300 + $150 for the parts is the final price.

3. When does the warranty for Dinan springs start? Upon installation? For example, I wouldn't mind picking up the springs and the ride quality kit as I go here in the next few months and install when it gets nice and warm (I'm in Nebraska and it'll be cold for a while). I wouldn't want the warranty to be from date of purchase on the springs.

4. Will the Dinan drop solve my qualms with the xDrive suspension? Solve for body roll, etc.?

5. I've been reading about front and rear sway bars as well, like H&R's sway bars for example. Could I perceptibly feel the stability in a turn I toss the 335 into on the road? I realize sway bars are getting into track-only territory, but even if there was one time a month on a spirited drive I drove hard into a turn and felt that sway bar, I want to add it.

6. Further, is it true that installs are terrible on sway bars as far as complexity/time/cost? If that's true and the answer to #5 is that yes I would feel the sway bars however slight that may be, shouldn't I do the H&R front and rear sway bar installation at the same time as the Dinan suspension in order to save money?

This is a lot of questions, I appreciate any help –*especially those with a 335 and xDrive. There's something just a little "off" about the 335xi suspension stock –*I swear I liked my 328xi better (I'm assuming this was the I-4 weight difference over the I-6 up front).