BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

02-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Lone Star CCA 2015 Driving Tours

Lots of good times to be had in the near future. From the Lone Star CCA website:

Quote:
1. March 7th: Cars & Coffee and Springfest Tour to East Texas

Burger Company in Mineola for lunch (Marc is leading this half-day trip from Classic BMW, starting about 9a). If you can join us, please drop a line to Marc Leediker at marc3509@sbcglobal.net.

2. Fredericksburg

Tour Description:
When: Friday, March 13th, 2015 to Sunday, March 15th, 2015
Where: Fredricksburg and the twisted sister roads
Departure point: Home Depot in Cleburne, 9am
Hotel: Based on some reviews from Trip Advisor, other members, we decided to try a new hotel this year: Sunday House Inn. I have reserved 12 rooms (all are Kings) at 124.95/night. It is very close to our previous hotel (Fredericksburg Inn & Suites). Please call Judy at 830-997-4484 to reserve your room. Our rooms are reserved under the Lone Star BMW CCA. She will hold the rooms until March 1st. Our weekend drive will be on the tail end of Spring Break.

General Plan (the routes and dining options are still being determined):

Day 1 (Fri): Utilizing our past tour’s routes, we’ll have a quick trip down to Fredericksburg arriving about 3pm. Pit-stop schedules: Cleburne to Hico, Hico to lunch in Goldthwaite. Goldthwaite to Llano.Llano to Fredericksburg.Hotel Check in, Wine Tasting tour.Dinner at our favorite German restaurant.

Day 2 (Sat): Start out early (8a): Fast pace drive to Leakey and possibly out to Brackettville. We’ll return between 2p-3p, depending on the distance. Saturday night: Dinner at Café at the Ridge in Kerrville, TX

Day 3 (Sun): Return trip to DFW (10a).
Please let me know when you make your reservations and we’ll get a list together for everyone.

3. Saturday, April 4th (Easter weekend)

Half-day trip to Cranfills Gap, Texas for a visit to the Old Rock Church (St. Olaf’s Lutheran Rock Church). Built in 1886, it is a beautiful building which is very well preserved. To get there, the drive will begin in Cedar Hill (9am back parking lot of Cedar Hill Library at 225 Cedar Street, Cedar Hill, TX 75104) and pass through 150 miles of fantastic roads with lots of great vistas, panoramic country-sides, and twisty roads. The mid-point will be Glen Rose where the tour will take a quick break for gas. In addition to Glen Rose, the tour will pass through or near Cleburne State Park, Dinosaur Valley State Park, Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, and Iredell. Lunch will be at the Horny Toad Bar and Grill in Cranfills Gap (http://www.hornytoadbar.com/index.html). Brian George is organizing the routes but let Raymond Mimick know if you will join us on this trip.

4. West Texas/Big Bend

Tour Description:
When: Thursday, April 9th, 2015 to Sunday, April 12th, 2015
Where: Big Bend Area of Texas
Departure point: Home Depot in Cleburne, 9am
Hotel: We will have two hotels that we will need to work with. I’m still working on pricing for both hotel options.

General Schedule:

Day 1: Cleburne to San Angelo (lunch). San Angelo to Fort Stockton (dinner and first hotel)

Day 2: Fort Stockton to Big Bend; Short hike/stop at Santa Elena Canyon; Lunch in the Basin; Terlingua to Presido; Stop to see if we can see the Marfa Lights; Alpine for hotel and dinner

Day 3: Loop around Mt Livermore, visit to McDonald Observatory; Evening Star Gazing Plans at McDonald Observatory. Return to Alpine for Hotel

Day 4: Return to DFW via Pecos, possibly I-20.

OK, For West Texas Trip,

Fort Stockton: (April 9th, 2015)
Candlewood Suites
Alma D. Cahill 432-336-7700 => Rosemary
Double Beds 124.99/night+
We have 11 rooms reserved under “Raymond Mimick” until 1 week before our scheduled trip

Alpine: (April 10th – April 12th, 2015)
Hampton Inn Alpine (Hilton Honors available)
2607 West Highway 90
Alpine, TX 79830
855-271-3622

9 rooms with a King bed $119/night; 3 rooms with a King bed and a sofa bed for $124/night; Rooms will remain available until 21 days before our scheduled trip (3/20/2015). Confirmation number is 88236524 for the group under “Raymond Mimick.” Card last 4 is 3040. Additional rooms are possible but subject to availability.

5. April 25th: Germanfest celebration in Muenster

Marc is leading this day/half-day tour group up to enjoy the celebration. Please let Marc know if you will join this trip.

6. Sat, May 23th (Memorial Day weekend): Tour to Let’s Eat Cafe in Bluffdale (Full day drive with dinner).

Great times are had on this trip. Marc is leading this day trip and please let Marc know if you can join us on this adventure.
Raymond Mimick
817-999-0078
Marc and Rhonda Leediker
the Tourmeisters
Appreciate 0