E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help! Standard Electric -> Sport Electric Seats

02-26-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
Little1er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i

Help! Standard Electric -> Sport Electric Seats

Hey everyone. I actually dive an e82, but coding should be the same for seats. I had standard electric seats with memory (no lumbar or heat) and I changed them to electric sport seats with memory, lumbar and heat. I know I need to add VO $494 for the heated part to work. What else do I need to change to get the airbag lights off and lumbar to function? Anything else I need to code?

Thanks!
G5 ISO | BMS Flash | Alpina Flash | RB Turbos | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Resonator Delete | VRSF ******* DP's | Meth DO 14 | Walbro E85 | VRSF FMIC | Active Autowerke CP w/ BOV | Quaife LSD | Whiteline Bushings | Front M3 Sway and Bits | Ground Control sleeves and Camber Plates | 34 row Setrab oil cooler | Stoptech ST60 BBK Front
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:05 AM   #2
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

recode JBBF, and FRM and CAS. Then clear airbag codes.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Little1er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
recode JBBF, and FRM and CAS. Then clear airbag codes.
Would you mind elaborating on what i will need to code in each of these ECUs?
G5 ISO | BMS Flash | Alpina Flash | RB Turbos | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Resonator Delete | VRSF ******* DP's | Meth DO 14 | Walbro E85 | VRSF FMIC | Active Autowerke CP w/ BOV | Quaife LSD | Whiteline Bushings | Front M3 Sway and Bits | Ground Control sleeves and Camber Plates | 34 row Setrab oil cooler | Stoptech ST60 BBK Front
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

you need to wire additional power to lumbar contacts or wire them to seat module power circuit in seat
you also need to add heated switches to console
one way is to replace HVAC control panel with heating switches or change lower fascia and add separate heating switches panel
      02-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending
you need to wire additional power to lumbar contacts or wire them to seat module power circuit in seat
you also need to add heated switches to console
one way is to replace HVAC control panel with heating switches or change lower fascia and add separate heating switches panel
+1 on the button interface but the car should already be prewired for this option. I don't think you should pull power from an already designated circuit. You should take the time to pull additional wires to and from point A-B to ensure proper voltage drawl if it's not prewired.
      02-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
Little1er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey everyone,

Here is an update. I have installed the seats and heated seat buttons on the dash. No coding or wiring was required (for my car) to get the heated seats and all other functions working correctly besides lumbar and the bolster adjustment.

I went from power standard seats with memory (no heat, lumbar or bolster adjustment) -> Power sport seats with memory, heat, lumbar and bolster adjustment

Plan for lumbar/bolster:
I compared the harness from the car under the seat to the harness on the seat. I am missing pins 13 witch is a flat ground connection and pin 7 which are for power to the bolster and lumbar. I am planning to either source the correct pins for the harness or wire them through a separate connector.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #7
Little1er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

If your new seats have heat and your old ones didn’t, you will need to add the heated seat buttons to the dashboard. That it for heat, no additional coding or wiring was needed (at least in my case).

For the wiring for lumbar and bolsters, please see the chart in post #6 of this thread:
If you have a post 3/07 car or pre 3/07 car the wiring may be slightly different. Referring to the chart I posted, my car’s harness didn’t have a pin in slot 13 or in slot 7 (my car is a 2/08). As I did not want to mess with the harness on the car side, I modified (spliced) connections on the seat side with these (http://www.delcity.net/images/photos/905595_primary.jpg). On the seat side harness, remove the 3 looms from the yellow holder. Find the wiring for pin 13 and splice it to the ground wiring going to pin 8. Then use a second blue splice thing to join wires 7(or 9) and 4. You will only be slicing wires on the seat harness!

Reassemble everything and install the seat to test. If all looks good, do the same on the second seat. I hold no responsibilities for your actions that may cause any damage to your car.
Appreciate 0