E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Front M sport Bumper - Side Panel

03-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe M sport 330D

Front M sport Bumper - Side Panel

hi guys

i just hit the front of my bumper off some wooden pillar yesterday while i was parked up and reversing, it basically clipped the front bumper then popped the side panel and head light unit.

heres an image sorry its not the best, and only took 1 pic unfortunately:

now i need some advice guys, the front bumper needs replacing also the side panel driver side, the front light driver side plastic mounts also have broke off.

now the lighting i cant do much, i have to get a new light or do a custom job on the mounts which is probeberly what i will do, glue them together somehow.

where is the best place to get these parts and i am working on a budget so am looking for the cheapest and most suitable parts.

mines a 2007 E92 330D M sport coupe,

also another question does LCI m sport bumpers fit pre lci m sport?

please any advice on these two parts will be appreciated, any links to body parts you guys have got in the past also will be appreciated.

cheers guys

just wanted to update you guys, i can get a respray on each panel for 150, thats min 300 for respray, plastidip in london costs about 400, so am thinking to get the car matt black plasti dipped, any advice and opinions on this will be appreciated.

Last edited by Tugy; 03-02-2015 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: another question on plastidip?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

also i would like to ask, will a LCI E92 M sport bumper fit my PRE LCI M Sport ?

anybody knows any good after market bumpers i can look into? that doesnt require alot of hassle when fitting.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
chandleerr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
pre-lci and LCI are not interchangeable unless you upgrade hood and fenders to LCI. Headlights will stay the same. as for a front bumper. any of the vendors on here but you're gonna pay $500+ or so. always ebay route as well. Dont buy Duraflex bumpers. they suck and require a lot of body work.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 05:01 PM   #4
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the reply, so i wont be going near lci then, i seen some going at 150 uk price, what u exactly mea. By duraflex?

Also as a side note, plasti dip how good is this reAlly? Ive done some research some vouch for it some say its no good, i was thinking matt black plasti dip full all around. Any advice on this will be appreciated also. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
chandleerr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugy View Post
Thanks for the reply, so i wont be going near lci then, i seen some going at 150 uk price, what u exactly mea. By duraflex?

Also as a side note, plasti dip how good is this reAlly? Ive done some research some vouch for it some say its no good, i was thinking matt black plasti dip full all around. Any advice on this will be appreciated also. Cheers
there is a company called DURAFLEX. The bumpers are extremely cheap but terrible quality.

as far as plasti dip the car. i know some guys who have done it. some like it but my personal opinion is to have your car vinyl wrapped. more expensive but looks better when done right. downside costs over $1k. in order to do the plasti dip correctly you need the set up they sell on their website. it holds up well but i would always hand wash the car afterwards!
https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

im suprised its that cheap there. When i lived in Germany it was 15 euro a can!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #6
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Bumpers using the term FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) or duraflex which is the flame are just junk fiberglass and they require a ton of work to fit, lots of bodywork and just are plain junk and if a dog pisses on it, it will crack. Only purchase a quality urethane replica bumper or OEM which will run you the 350 usd and up range, but you won't have to buy another one in 6 months and paint it again, so cheaper in the long run!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 04:44 AM   #7
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

thanks for the replys guys, i will be taking this into consideration, at the moment i am looking for a used oem front bumper and side panel, preferably black, but my body paint is already a custom paint, some kind of pearl gliter black, and am not sure the re-spray is going to match the colour, plus its going to cost a a bomb, so i am thinking plasti dip matt black, just looking for professionals in UK that have good experience in this and i will be going through this procedure hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 05:03 AM   #8
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandleerr View Post
pre-lci and LCI are not interchangeable unless you upgrade hood and fenders to LCI. Headlights will stay the same. as for a front bumper. any of the vendors on here but you're gonna pay $500+ or so. always ebay route as well. Dont buy Duraflex bumpers. they suck and require a lot of body work.
That is incorrect. The headlights for the E92 are NOT the same. So you would have to purchase new headlights as well to fit the LCI bumper.
      03-09-2015, 05:48 AM   #9
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

thx game, yeh i was told its the bonnet, headlights and front bumper, the panels seem the same just the m3 panels are different.

do you guys know any good after market bumpers that are good for the E92? like custom, since i am changing the bumper i am thinking to put in something new, i want to give it a new feel

thanks for reply guys appreciated.
Appreciate 0