F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > engine noise too low?
Studio RSR

03-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

engine noise too low?

i have my car for 21months and am i love with it, but there is something i really hate which is i don't hear the engine noise at all ( i don't mean the exhaust ) but the engine ,. idk if you guys know what i mean but sometimes i feel disconnected from the engine, or maybe i enjoyed a ride in a friends C7 & my SA E60 M5

is there too much sound deadening material behind the engine that makes the problem ( my problem might be a blessing for you).!
      03-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

feel kinda stupid even telling you this, but i found out about ASD in a funny way...

I never heard (or cared) about engine noise before, but i happened to be upgrading my OEM amp to an aftermarket one last month, and for some reason (i don't know if the synthesized engine sound frequency just happens to coincide with freq bands that i've boosted), the synthesized sound has also been inadvertently amplified big time. Immediately after doing the amp upgrade, the next 3-4 people in my car asked if i've replaced the exhaust or did some tuning mods. Its that noticeable. I played around with the different engine types and found the diesel really takes it another level lol its just ridiculously loud. I noticed my gas consumption went up considerably the few weeks i had it enabled as my ears started to love hearing the roar when i took off from a light. Its a love/hate thing :-)

Anyways, if you REALLY want it back, i can give you details on the amp haha
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

but my car doesn't have Active sound :s