E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335D bulb or lamp out icon warning

03-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
KTMHEE
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335D

Question 335D bulb or lamp out icon warning

New owner here.....My driver side halo or corona or DRL was burnt so I changed it. It's fine now. If all my exterior lighting is fine and working normal with the icon warning still being displayed between the dash gauges, will the icon need to be somehow "cleared" manually? Does it clear itself and not show up anymore? I've searched but I can't seem to find the answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

In my past experience with the lamp out indicator, at least in an older BMW, it's important that you have the correct wattage bulb. Very often the same style bulb comes in more than wattage.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
335dwanted
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

I have read somewhere that if the lamp error condition exists for an extended time that the computer would log a persistent error and even after fixing the warning would not go out unless reset by the dealer. I have no idea if this is indeed true, but I can't begin to imagine why BMW would do that.

From my own experience, shortly after taking ownership of my second hand 335d the rear lamp assembly lost one of the LEDs and went into a compromised low illumination state and was throwing a warning code the first time I signaled a left hand turn for each drive. I drove this way for roughly a month and a half but I turned off the lamp warning via BMWhat application so I did not get the warning anymore. Since changing the assembly I have not coded the lamp warning back in, so not sure if I have a persistent condition on my car. I will try to change back and see if I have the warning when I get a chance (and remember to do it).
Appreciate 0