F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > my new 335D is damaged!
proTUNING Freaks

03-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

my new 335D is damaged!

sat in sainsburys car park with the kids while the wife was grabbing something and some clown reversed right into me. front bumper very slightly chipped. i was not happy only had it less than 2 weeks!!! i hope the insurers get someone good to touch it up i rly dont want my new car having a respray! do u think insurer will send it to bmw bodyshop?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
pmheadwired
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30- 340i M Sport Plus SP Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipnoob86 View Post
sat in sainsburys car park with the kids while the wife was grabbing something and some clown reversed right into me. front bumper very slightly chipped. i was not happy only had it less than 2 weeks!!! i hope the insurers get someone good to touch it up i rly dont want my new car having a respray! do u think insurer will send it to bmw bodyshop?
Insurance always use a BMW approved body shop in my experience.

Same with any other car I have owned its always went to manufacturers garage.

Sorry to hear about your car. Did they "Clown" accept liability for the incident?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #3
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

Gutted for you mate. Hopefully the insurers will sort it out to as new. I had a previous car less than 24hrs when I forgot the electronic handbrake (never did get used to it) and it rolled into a metal fence. £280 later it was back to new and no one would ever be able to tell. Require a few bits of trim and a respray!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Hprice1099
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Insurance company's tend to have a contract with local accident repair centres, that's my experience.
But it's YOUR choice who repairs it, if you call BMW they will pick it up free of charge.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #5
JB14
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 320D MSport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipnoob86
Gutted......feel your pain as you may have seen on other thread.....!

Muppets everywhere today.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
vikz55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i M-Sport Convertible

Sorry to hear that. How annoying! But, look on the bright side...if you hadn't been sat in the car they would have probably driven off and you'd be footing the bill yourself!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB14
Quote:

i noticed your post, we can suffer together.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #8
JB14
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 320D MSport EBII

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB14
Quote:

i noticed your post, we can suffer together.
Yep. Will get mine washed down tomorrow and assess damage.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 04:03 AM   #9
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
How do these numb nuts actually get a licence

Feel your pain

Insurer will try and get to you to use their approved ( cheap and probably non BMW) bodyshop with offers like lifetime warranty courtesy car valet etc etc. BUT it's your choice to use a bmw bodyshop. After all hopefully your not going to foot the bill ultimately.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 05:01 AM   #10
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Had a similar experience in Sainsbury's car park a few years ago... An old dear in a mini started reversing out (opposite parking bay), at the same time as me (in an X3, not bloody hard to spot a vehicle of that size!!). I spotted her and stopped, she kept going, and before I could drive forward back into my bay...BANG!! Thankfully a witness saw the whole thing, and confirmed I was stationary, when she hit me. New bumper and a parking sensor was needed.

Anyway, when I phoned my insurance company they offered to use their preferred repairer, but I declined, and said I wanted it repaired by BMW, so simply had to take it to my local dealer, for them to estimate the repair cost (send direct to the insurer), then a few days later got a call from the insurer giving me the green light to book it into them to be done, and an added bonus of using my local dealer, was getting a loaner (ok, only a 1 series, but better than feck all, because my insurance policy (at that time), didn't include a loaner in the policy)
:-)
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2015, 05:21 AM   #11
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Read these 2 threads yesterday and decided to leave the car at home. Bad luck Snipnoob....all the worse for seeing it happen in. Slow mo.