F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Up to when, can I make minor changes to car spec.
Studio RSR

03-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

Up to when, can I make minor changes to car spec.

Quick question, as per title, up to what point can you make adjustments to new car order specs? I've been given build week 17 (although have no idea when that actually is?) but am still toying with a few options, ACC and lane departure warning (just to jazz up the HUD really).

I know I could ring the dealer but it's taken me over a week to get the build week as we seem to constantly miss each other's phone calls and the dealership isn't particularly local.

Been told delivery will be middle of May (was originally April / first week in May) and the wait is killing me!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLiverBird View Post
Quick question, as per title, up to what point can you make adjustments to new car order specs? I've been given build week 17 (although have no idea when that actually is?) but am still toying with a few options, ACC and lane departure warning (just to jazz up the HUD really).

I know I could ring the dealer but it's taken me over a week to get the build week as we seem to constantly miss each other's phone calls and the dealership isn't particularly local.

Been told delivery will be middle of May (was originally April / first week in May) and the wait is killing me!
Normally two working weeks before this for me I.e. When BMW have locked the build... But week 17 is an estimate. For me BMW brought this forward by two weeks within 6 weeks so effectively the lockdown was also brought forward by two weeks.

Week 17 build is week beginning the 20 April
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlees
Quote:

Normally two working weeks before this for me I.e. When BMW have locked the build... But week 17 is an estimate. For me BMW brought this forward by two weeks within 6 weeks so effectively the lockdown was also brought forward by two weeks.

Week 17 build is week beginning the 20 April
Thanks for that. Was actually hoping that I'd missed it because I'm now going to spend the next few days on the configurator thinking about what I can add.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Just bite the bullet and get a fully spammed up 435i with all the toys
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2015, 04:48 PM   #5
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

Quote:
Thanks for that. Was actually hoping that I'd missed it because I'm now going to spend the next few days on the configurator thinking about what I can add.
Things I'm glad I got: m package (19s, blacked out windows, HK, big brakes etc - good value at 1.9k ), tow hitch (good for bike towing), visibility package (adaptive headlight are awesome witchcraft), professional media, adaptive suspension (really sorts the ride especially wallowing in sport), interior comfort package (gives you lighting package, storage, fold down seats for touring like carrying capacity etc)

So things I wish I added: reversing camera, folding/dimming/dipping mirrors (option 430)

Things that Look awesome: surround view, comfort access

Thing I wish I could have afforded: Merino leather seat and dashboard especially in a contrasting colour. A £2k option but it really lifts the quality to almost the f10 level

Things I didn't need: connected drive services -good at first but not really using them IMHO

Things I've fitted: LED brake/turn/fog lights (), suntek paintshield to preserve the front, ceramic wheel coating, mini 806 dashcams front and rear (25k/pa means I had one or two dodgey moments with fantom scratchers, parking knocks, flash for cash and accident fakers )

Things I'm going to fit: ac schnitzer exhaust or other dual 4" exhaust for that chav look!
Appreciate 0