F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 40 points and no licence - WTF
ARMA SPEED

03-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

40 points and no licence - WTF

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...riving-licence

Why are w*****s like these out on the streets causing us, the generally law abiding citizens, to pay excessive insurance premiums etc. while they think they can play by different rules. Surely a substantial prison sentence without the usual trimmings of...tv, xboxes, playstations, Sky, snooker and pool tables, gyms, free (to them) food and accommodation etc. would be some sort of discouraging factor, as the - "you need to take your documents (that you clearly don't have) to a local police station anytime you want and get a smacked wrist" doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

How these officers as seen on Police, Camera, Action etc. keep their cool when the scumbags just laugh in their faces is beyond me!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I've read it all the way through, but i still don't understand how they can get points when they don't have a license?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

I prefer the idea of having them try the first Mars expedition....

One way of course, they can send a postcard
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #4
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I've read it all the way through, but i still don't understand how they can get points when they don't have a license?
Because when magistrates deal with this kind of thing they don't send you to jail unless it's your second time being caught driving whilst disqualified.
It's usually points and a fine. If you don't have a license the points are applied when you get one.

This tool probably has had short bans where he has not been caught driving.

Nearly a decade ago there was a time when I was on 18 points but avoided a ban thanks to Mr Loophole himself Nick Freeman.

He was able to "prove" that it would have caused exceptional hardship to someone else if the magistrates DQ me.
They gave me the points, a huge fine and said if I am prosecuted for another driving offence within the next three years I will not be able to use the same defence again and that they would throw the proverbial book at me and to expect to be disqualified.

I've kept my license (relatively) clean ever since.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I see, i didn't know that!

So if you got 12 points, then passed your test you'd lose the license instantly?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I see, i didn't know that!

So if you got 12 points, then passed your test you'd lose the license instantly?
No, they changed the law a few years ago.

Now if you get six points within the first two years of passing your test you get disqualified.
So if you don't have a licence in the first place and you get points for driving offences, six is all it takes for a ban.

I believe the ban is served immediately (therefore not even allowing for an attempt to get a license) and the points are applied once that person obtains their license.

Now to further discourage them from commiting driving offences once they have a license, they are banned under totting up laws if they acquire even a single point until all present endorsements are spent and removed.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #7
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
No, they changed the law a few years ago.

Now if you get six points within the first two years of passing your test you get disqualified.
So if you don't have a licence in the first place and you get points for driving offences, six is all it takes for a ban.

I believe the ban is served immediately (therefore not even allowing for an attempt to get a license) and the points are applied once that person obtains their license.

Now to further discourage them from commiting driving offences once they have a license, they are banned under totting up laws if they acquire even a single point until all present endorsements are spent and removed.
The problem with all this is that they clearly don't give a shit! Licence, road tax, insurance, road worthy car, their own car rather than one they've nicked - they don't give a toss about the legal conventions most of us stick to and will just keep on driving regardless!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I forgot about the 6 points thing!

I have just remembered that a mate of mine had 2 licenses, with a total of 15 points between them! His first license was clean so he said he'd lost it and got a replacement, once one of his license had 9 points he then sent off the other one for the next 6 points!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:15 AM   #9
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston
The DVLA create a 'virtual' licence so he will have a driving licence number like you and I, and as and when he applies for a paper licence his points and history will be transferred over.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #10
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston
The DVLA create a 'virtual' licence so he will have a driving licence number like you and I, and as and when he applies for a paper licence his points and history will be transferred over.
If he ever does apply for one.....
Appreciate 0