E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2007 E90 320d - Error 4A6E Glow Plug, Cylinder 1

03-13-2015, 05:08 AM   #1
elpilota
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d, M Sport, 2007.

2007 E90 320d - Error 4A6E Glow Plug, Cylinder 1

Hi all,

I'm new here so if I did any mistakes or posted where I shouldn't have please forgive me. Tried to search for a thread with a similar problem like mine but could not find anything.

Ok here it goes then:

Last September I went to start my car but the engine did not manage to start with an error coming up saying "Engine Problem! Loss of Power". Switched everything off, tried restarting and everything started up with no problems and no errors. Went to a service station, plugged it in to a computer and no errors came up either so did not really bother at that time.

Back then I used the car on a daily basis and since December last year I am only using the car on weekends and sometimes I don't start it for two consecutive weeks or so. Recently when I leave it for a long time in the garage (max 2 weeks) and start the engine up, the engine starts on rough running idle and smoothly eases out to idle normally. So I went again to a service station, plugged computer in and 2 Errors came up;

4A6E Glow Plug Cylinder 1, control,
Particulate Filter System
(forgot what the error code number is)

My mechanic tried erasing the error messages and the Particulate Filter error goes away but the 4A6E stays there all the time. So I went ahead, bought 4 new glow plugs, changed all 4 and unfortunately error 4A6E is still present.
Has anyone else ever encountered the same problem and can shed some light on what I can do to get rid of this error message please? It is a bit confusing as we changed what the error said but the problem still persists and checked all 4 old glow plugs and found out that all where fine.
One small note on the particulate filter error is that when I drive the car the error comes up again.

P.S. None of these errors register on the dashboard/iDrive system and the rough running only occurs on the 1st start after a long period in the garage, if I go ahead and use the car all day every start up is smooth.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Appreciate 0