E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Boost leak

03-18-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
Thomasyoung88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 320d m sport

Boost leak

Hey guys I baught a 2007 e92 335d three days ago great car I love it plenty of power. Yesterday I notised a squealing noise coming from the engine low down so I've had a look today and noticed the coolant pipe has been rubbing the metal boost intake pipe and has caused a hole in the pipe does anyone have a part number for this pipe or a upgraded version I've phoned w and they want £260+ vat 😧 for the pipe this is the metal pipe that has the map sensor in it by the way the hole is very small was thinking of putting chemical metal over it would this work and info guys would be great

The link I have just put below the pipe is on there it's number 15

http://static.bmwfans.info/images/epc/MTY0OTY5X3A=.png
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

If you have two pipes rubbing together thats a sypmtom of another problem. I doubt that slapping some liquid metal on it will work unless you build up a huge patch (huge depends on the size of the hole). Remember, there is 26 PSI (or more) pushing on the fix. Bring it to a welder capable of welding aluminum, they can probably patch it properly in 5 minutes. Before you put it back on, solve the bigger issue which is: why are two things rubbing which shouldnt be?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Thomasyoung88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 320d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
If you have two pipes rubbing together thats a sypmtom of another problem. I doubt that slapping some liquid metal on it will work unless you build up a huge patch (huge depends on the size of the hole). Remember, there is 26 PSI (or more) pushing on the fix. Bring it to a welder capable of welding aluminum, they can probably patch it properly in 5 minutes. Before you put it back on, solve the bigger issue which is: why are two things rubbing which shouldnt be?

I found the problem why the pipe was rubbing the metal pipe it weren't on the clip it has been solved but I have read on the Internet that when people have holes in there intercoolers they use chemical metal and it has been fine so I'm guessing quote me wrong it shold be fine for the pipe coming from the ic
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

If it works on the IC it should work on the pipe, differences caused by different metal finishes not included. I would just fix it right, probably no difference in price anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Go have the pipe TIG welded. I wouldn't chance some patch stuff breaking loose and being ingested by engine.
Appreciate 0