F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > OT Fog Lights
proTUNING Freaks

03-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
JB14
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 320D MSport EBII

OT Fog Lights

The last two days has seen proper pea soup starts to the day which today got me musing over a few issues.

1) thick fog instantly makes everyone put front fogs on. Are fronts really necessary these days given that most front lights are more powerful than those of old and generally cast a much better beam onto the road ahead
2) why do people put front fogs on before rears? Most cars this morning had fronts on but no rear.
3) I see more cars with fogs on in general when conditions are fine cause they think it looks cool. So many f***'n cretins about. A quick zap of the xenon high beam usually sorts them out.
4) the above aside, why do so many people in such poor conditions; visibility no more than 40 yards this morning, not even have sidelights on let alone heads or fogs. What goes through their tiny little brains?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #2
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB14 View Post
The last two days has seen proper pea soup starts to the day which today got me musing over a few issues.

1) thick fog instantly makes everyone put front fogs on. Are fronts really necessary these days given that most front lights are more powerful than those of old and generally cast a much better beam onto the road ahead

2) why do people put front fogs on before rears? Most cars this morning had fronts on but no rear.
3) I see more cars with fogs on in general when conditions are fine cause they think it looks cool. So many f***'n cretins about. A quick zap of the xenon high beam usually sorts them out.
4) the above aside, why do so many people in such poor conditions; visibility no more than 40 yards this morning, not even have sidelights on let alone heads or fogs. What goes through their tiny little brains?
1. Yes, with lights being lower in thick fog can give better chance seeing the damn road (Lincolnshire fog lol).

2. Because stupid.

3. Because they are stupid oxygen thieving chavs.

4. Because they have very small brains and also steal oxygen.

Unfortunately, natural selection does not remove them from the gene pool.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Many threads today on bad driving.

It's because as previously said 95% of motorists are feckless moronic incompetent losers given their licence by Mickey Mouse. I'm gonna start to sound like a stuck record soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Many threads today on bad driving.

It's because as previously said 95% of motorists are feckless moronic incompetent losers given their licence by Mickey Mouse. I'm gonna start to sound like a stuck record soon!
Lol I have found certain regions have worse drivers.

For example fenland relatively moronic chavs

West Midlands brain dead oxygen theives found their licence in corn flakes box.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Lol I have found certain regions have worse drivers.

For example fenland relatively moronic chavs

West Midlands brain dead oxygen theives found their licence in corn flakes box.
I do like the last one
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
fastflyer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 x20d M Sport

I had my rear fogs on this evening, perfectly clear conditions.

The tailgating chav ting soon backed off!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer View Post

Lol many moons ago, was parking up as the guy that had been behind me also parked up.

He got out of his car and said 'oil Man it ain't foggy like init'

I had for some reason had my rear fogs on when he was behind me.

I looked down at front of his still running car, with his fogs plainly on, he sees me looking and goes 'well man it looks lyk ded kewl init'
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
GMT234
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140 mineral grey / oyster

Quote:

I use mine for this reason too
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT234 View Post
A quick sharp dab of the brake peddle normally sorts these idiots out (you see their car nosediving when they panic, cos they're too close), and if that doesn't work, then slowing down to 30mph, or even below this until they get the message, mostly does (always be ready to floor it though, should the fecker decide to attempt to overtake)

Have always wanted to be in an absolute banger, when being tailgated, to simply put the anchors on fully, and watch the clown lose their excess and NCD
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #10
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT234 View Post
No need to. Very slighty brake with your left foot while maintaining speed with your right = no more tailgating. But also means you aren't deliberately causing an accident by braking so they could possibly go into the back of you.....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #11
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cey View Post
A quick sharp dab of the brake peddle normally sorts these idiots out (you see their car nosediving when they panic, cos they're too close), and if that doesn't work, then slowing down to 30mph, or even below this until they get the message, mostly does (always be ready to floor it though, should the fecker decide to attempt to overtake)

Have always wanted to be in an absolute banger, when being tailgated, to simply put the anchors on fully, and watch the clown lose their excess and NCD
And if they have a dash cam get you done for dangerous driving or whatever. No longer safe to do silly things like that.....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #12
fastflyer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lol many moons ago, was parking up as the guy that had been behind me also parked up.

He got out of his car and said 'oil Man it ain't foggy like init'

I had for some reason had my rear fogs on when he was behind me.

I looked down at front of his still running car, with his fogs plainly on, he sees me looking and goes 'well man it looks lyk ded kewl init'
I really can't stand boy racers. Thinking their so cool in their 1997 Honda Civic Type R with puke green stripes, doing 50 outside a school.

In fact, I think we should start killing these people off to reduce things like over crowding and my tax going in their pocket. Maybe if we can extinct them all there wouldn't be a housing issue and property prices may fall. The possibilities are endless.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #13
fastflyer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
And if they have a dash cam get you done for dangerous driving or whatever. No longer safe to do silly things like that.....
And they could also be done for tailgating? It's now a punishable offence I believe.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #14
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Their dash cam would clearly show them tailgating though, would it not, and work against them? And unlikely that such a driver would have a dash cam.
Remember, though, we as drivers are supposed to be ready to deal with the unexpected, and even if they did have a dash cam, being that close would not have picked up "the cat" that darted out in front of me, and caused me to brake, just before the clown ploughed into the back, yeah?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #15
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Yes it may show them tailgating but deliberately causing an accident would also seriously get you into trouble.

Only have to look at cop shows and crash for cash to know that the car in front deliberately braking to cause an accident will get you heaps of bother......

Edit re cat, what if a witness coming the other way stops and says no cat.....

Really not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #16
fastflyer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes it may show them tailgating but deliberately causing an accident would also seriously get you into trouble.

Only have to look at cop shows and crash for cash to know that the car in front deliberately braking to cause an accident will get you heaps of bother......
Thats true. I wonder how they'd take it if you did that but didn't claim on your insurance.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #17
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Don't get me wrong, these idiots boil my piss too, but we've got to be so careful these days.

Be safe and keep your ass covered
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 02:16 AM   #18
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I really can't stand boy racers. Thinking their so cool in their 1997 Honda Civic Type R with puke green stripes, doing 50 outside a school.

In fact, I think we should start killing these people off to reduce things like over crowding and my tax going in their pocket. Maybe if we can extinct them all there wouldn't be a housing issue and property prices may fall. The possibilities are endless.

I do like the idea of removing them from the gene pool.

Now that it's illegal to hunt foxes.

Could we not just let a few chavs loose in a field, bit of a head start...

Alternatively, shove a group of them on the heather moors, some beaters, would make for a nice days shooting.

Then there is shark fishing......
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:59 AM   #19
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Shrinking the gene pool of course prevents the rest of us looking good.

Legal quota system perhaps??? Of course certain countries would have a higher numpty quota than others.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 04:01 AM   #20
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_F32 View Post
Shrinking the gene pool of course prevents the rest of us looking good.

Legal quota system perhaps??? Of course certain countries would have a higher numpty quota than others.
True, however they also higher populations to match.

That and our cousins across the pond not only let them have cars, but guns as well..... Is that the sound of banjos playing.....

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 04:05 AM   #21
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Fog lights, front and rear, should be banned. Fuckers that use the rear ones in towns and cities, when they themselves can see cars 20 further on in the queuing traffic that haven't got fogs on perfectly clearly should be clubbed to death.

Even in the countryside where you could argue they are of benefit, if you come up behind someone do they turn them off? Of course not: "I've seen you now you dozy twat! I haven't driven in to you! So turn the fuckers off!!"

I seriously hate foglights.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2015, 04:40 AM   #22
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
True, however they also higher populations to match.

That and our cousins across the pond not only let them have cars, but guns as well..... Is that the sound of banjos playing.....

Appreciate 0