E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > just need to rant about this cop encounter

03-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
zgresh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

just need to rant about this cop encounter

So i was down in Miami on a fishing trip with a couple of friends on our buddies boat. Heading north back to tampa, i am driving through alligator alley. Barely any cars on the highway at all. I am cruise-controlling at 79mph. I see a statee on the opposite side of the road driving towards me. He clearly isn't running radar or laser, i have a V1 and also a laser jammer(hehe). Neither of these devices went off. As we pass each other, i naturally look in my rearview...i see brake lights, and he drives down into the grass ditch and across onto my side!

Obviously you know how the story goes. Yes, he pulls me over. And i can already tell he's a hardo by the way he struts up to my car. Keep in mind i have a perfect driving record. He comes up to the passenger window. "Do you know how fast you were going?" "I was going the speed limit, sir."(well, only 9 over, knowing he didn't radar/laser me) "No way, i clocked you at 98mph!" WHAT..???

When i explained that i have systems set up so that he can't do exactly what he did and get away with it, i showed him my v1 hardwired near my rearview. he knew he was toast. so, he goes through the bullshit list. he tries to tell me its illegal to have radar detectors in florida...lie #2. Then, he asks me to roll up the window a little. lol. I'm at 15%, yes under the limit. He goes back to his car, I'm still in awe he said i was going 98.

He calls me back to his cruiser. "you know i can arrest you for going that fast". didn't we establish that i wasn't going that speed? geez. here comes the best part. "is there anything in the car that I should be concerned about?" he didn't like my response when i said the guy in the back seat has some serious gas. lol. He asks to search the car, and trying to prevent that tint ticket, i said sure. This motherfu**** got his k9 out of the back and let the f****** dog into my car. scratches the hell out of my leather all over. Im furious. "So is the department going to pay for that?" "Nope, its not my fault". wtf.

He ends, after a 40 minute traffic stop by saying, "I'm gonna let you off with a written warning for excessive speed and tint". WE AGREED I WAS NOT GOING 98 MPH?! I asked him to correct the warning. he said screw it and just let me off scot free. and, for the next 15 miles, he rides my ass.

Thanks FHP!!
      03-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

You get his name? My uncle is a Sgt. for FHP over there and he doesn't tolerate that rogue cop nonsense..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgresh11 View Post
So i was down in Miami on a fishing trip with a couple of friends on our buddies boat. Heading north back to tampa, i am driving through alligator alley. Barely any cars on the highway at all. I am cruise-controlling at 79mph. I see a statee on the opposite side of the road driving towards me. He clearly isn't running radar or laser, i have a V1 and also a laser jammer(hehe). Neither of these devices went off. As we pass each other, i naturally look in my rearview...i see brake lights, and he drives down into the grass ditch and across onto my side!

Obviously you know how the story goes. Yes, he pulls me over. And i can already tell he's a hardo by the way he struts up to my car. Keep in mind i have a perfect driving record. He comes up to the passenger window. "Do you know how fast you were going?" "I was going the speed limit, sir."(well, only 9 over, knowing he didn't radar/laser me) "No way, i clocked you at 98mph!" WHAT..???

When i explained that i have systems set up so that he can't do exactly what he did and get away with it, i showed him my v1 hardwired near my rearview. he knew he was toast. so, he goes through the bullshit list. he tries to tell me its illegal to have radar detectors in florida...lie #2. Then, he asks me to roll up the window a little. lol. I'm at 15%, yes under the limit. He goes back to his car, I'm still in awe he said i was going 98.

He calls me back to his cruiser. "you know i can arrest you for going that fast". didn't we establish that i wasn't going that speed? geez. here comes the best part. "is there anything in the car that I should be concerned about?" he didn't like my response when i said the guy in the back seat has some serious gas. lol. He asks to search the car, and trying to prevent that tint ticket, i said sure. This motherfu**** got his k9 out of the back and let the f****** dog into my car. scratches the hell out of my leather all over. Im furious. "So is the department going to pay for that?" "Nope, its not my fault". wtf.

He ends, after a 40 minute traffic stop by saying, "I'm gonna let you off with a written warning for excessive speed and tint". WE AGREED I WAS NOT GOING 98 MPH?! I asked him to correct the warning. he said screw it and just let me off scot free. and, for the next 15 miles, he rides my ass.

Thanks FHP!!
Learn your rights and Florida law.... Do not consent to a search EVER.. Make him explain whey he stopped you, stay in the car, do not answer questions, have him write the ticket and be on your way. Then fight it in court. If you comply with illegal orders it will almost always end up bad for you. And ALWAYS film the encounter.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Never consent to a search!!! EVER. I've had cops scream and me and tell me they were going to get the dogs and keep me on the side of the road all night. 20M later I'm driving off.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
MacE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Chevrolegs

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
Dude, you just got profiled by an interdiction officer looking for all your cocaine and weed and small children.

Last edited by MacE90; 03-21-2015 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: Grammar....silly silly grammar
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
zgresh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Learn your rights and Florida law.... Do not consent to a search EVER.. Make him explain whey he stopped you, stay in the car, do not answer questions, have him write the ticket and be on your way. Then fight it in court. If you comply with illegal orders it will almost always end up bad for you. And ALWAYS film the encounter.
I normally would not. But obviously if i was a dick to the officer then he would screw me over in another way- the tint ticket. didn't think he'd get his k9 out and rip apart my car. Lesson learned, eh?
      03-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
zgresh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacE90 View Post
Dude, you just profiled by an interdiction officer looking for all your cocaine and weed and small children.
      03-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
zgresh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Never consent to a search!!! EVER. I've had cops scream and me and tell me they were going to get the dogs and keep me on the side of the road all night. 20M later I'm driving off.
Fair enough! Yeah the MSP are ruthless, assuming thats who you're talking about!
      03-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I'm talking about small town police in MA. But I think it is applicable everywhere. If anything the state police here are more forgiving...to a degree. Either way never submit to a search.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 01:40 PM   #10
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

At one time police actually belived in the statement " to protect and serve" but now most police do not even know what your rights are. Their job now is to make arrests. If somone simply stands up for their rights the officer automatically assumes the person is trying to hide some type of criminal activity. For many years I believed that the best thing was compliance with every request and order the officer gave, now, not a chance. If it even gets close to a violation of my rights, not going to happen, arrest me for non compliance. To this day I have never been arrested though. Police now are just out of control..

I am really sorry about your interior though. Lesson learned?
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
Snypa
Captain
Rep
Drives: Like a mahdman !

Any pics of the seat?
      03-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #12
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Same thing happened to me in port st Lucie On the turnpike. Pulled me over for speeding. I was, 84 mph. Got a tint ticket too. Wanted to search. I was headed south not north duh, in a business suit, with financial literature kits in the backseat going to host a financial seminar. I explained I was speeding because I was late and hosting the seminar and he said I fit the profile of a drug runner. Really? I didn't let him search, got my tickets, and was on my way. Ass.
Appreciate 0