GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

03-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Thrak
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB/SO M4

Suggestions for preventing dye transfer/wear from seat belt?

I'm fairly short (5'4") and my seat belt rubs against the top part of the side bolster - the horizontal part. I've had the car about 2.5 weeks now, and noticed a tiny bit of dye transfer on my seat that I was able to clean with just a damp cloth. My interior is SO.

My previous S5, after 6.5 years, had fairly significant dye transfer but also physical wear to the leather, and I'm trying to figure out if there's anything that could prevent this. I was thinking one of those wool/sheepskin seat belt covers, but those things look horrendous and I think if I were to try to cover just one side of the belt with something, it would block belt retraction when the belt is taken off.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

You could try a racing harness shoulder pad. It can slide up/down, so belt can retract. Most the racing harness manufacturers have them or you could probably find a generic plain black pad.
Appreciate 0