F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Has anyone used BMW (Autoprotect) smart repairs?
GetBMWParts

03-22-2015, 03:19 AM   #1
Slipperyshoe
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d, MP pack, ACS springs

Has anyone used BMW (Autoprotect) smart repairs?

As thread really... Had an unlucky 14 days. Stone chip on front, supermarket ding (thanks whoever you are), stupidly put briefcase on boot lid and slightly scratched that, small scratch where my brother in law opened door on a wall (wall won), scratch to rear indicator (cannot work out how in hell that could be possible, let alone how it actually happened). Finally, I managed to reverse into a bit of a tree that was sticking out and have put a dent about size of 50p piece into the plastic bumper or n/s rear quarter, just on the bit where plastic meets metal.

Phoned for repairs...all plastic excluded from policy so no repair to bumper or lens, stone chip repairable but they will not guarantee invisible.

They told me to expect a call in next 2 working days from local company who will pick it up.

I didn't realise it was a 3rd party warranty when I paid the £500 (3yr) policy. If I had I would have set it up myself. That being said has anyone had any good/bad experiences? I'm a little worried as I have heard smart repairs can be detrimental if done badly, having never had one I'm looking for some reassurance!

Just lucky I spotted all of the above within 14 days of doing them or they wouldn't be covered
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Wow that's about 5 years of damage done in two weeks! Sounds like you're not in lady lucks good books.

Just about everything BMW offer except servicing is done by 3rd parties: windscreen replacement, alloy wheel refurb, paint protection detailing, insurance etc.
Appreciate 0