E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Chasing Raw Fuel Smell

03-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
nOshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335i

Chasing Raw Fuel Smell

Just the other day I parked my car in the garage for the night, and upon going into the garage I found it to smell of unburnt gasoline. Did some research and checked the plugs and cylinder 1 and 2 was wet, and all others was fine. So I replaced all the injectors with index 11, and coded them to the dme. Side note: i was still on the original index 1. Did a test drive car pulled better than ever, but still had the smell but not as bad. I then followed my nose and it was coming from the back seat area of the car. I removed the seat and as I lifted it I smelt gas on the driver side portion of the seat. So opened the flap and found gas pooled under.

In conclusion is this area suppose to look like that. I'm assuming I have to replace the whole assembly. Any insight or thoughts will be helpful. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

So just to make a joke...

I don't think there is a smell of burned gasoline.

Looks like the seal for the left-side pickup is bad, but I'm concerned why it you leak like that. I wonder if the tank is getting over pressured. You may want to have a dealer look at it and test the tank pressure.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
nOshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

hahaha wrong choice in words lol. Meant the difference between catless exhaust fumes to straight gasoline.

Thanks again for the clarification, i just wanted confirmation that gas shouldn't pool in that location. Ill update once everything is resolved.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #4
nOshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just an update. Bought a fuel filter / fuel pressure regulator repair kit pn: 16147163296. Also upgraded the lpfp since I had to open both opening to do the install. Gas smell is gone and I am happy again.
Appreciate 0