F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Introduction & Question about OEM Front Splitter
proTUNING Freaks

03-22-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
ashley6285
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Introduction & Question about OEM Front Splitter

Hi all, i am new to the forum having visited countless times every day and just reading and learning. I bought a July 2014 Alpine White F30 330d at the end of January and have like many others, got plans of fitting the various M Performance extras. So far i have only got the gloss black grills fitted, but have the OEM front splitter sat in my hall way and ready to order the rear diffuser and spoiler from the far eastern guys on eBay.

Anyway, to the splitter and the reason why its it in the hallway and not on the car; when i came to fit it, i realised i had no way of fitting the blind rivets. So my question to the others who have fitted it themselves; how did you install the rivets please? Did you buy/already own a plastic riveter/tool/gun? Or did you use something else?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ashley
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Most on here have either had BMW fit it, or have bought replica lips which just come with screws (and 3M tape) instead of the rivets. The big advantage of screws is they are easily removable, which is necessary for for those who are leasing or have other reasons to remove it before getting rid of the car.
Appreciate 1