E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Body shop/paint in fort lauderdale

03-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
Jfrisco
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 jet black

Body shop/paint in fort lauderdale

Hi everyone, getting my bumpers repainted. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with any GOOD body shops in the fort Lauderdale area. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfrisco View Post
Hi everyone, getting my bumpers repainted. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with any GOOD body shops in the fort Lauderdale area. thanks

Collision Kingdom. They have been doing all my paintwork for many years now. They care more about the people and car rather then the money. Reason being is that this shop would rather serve good and kind hearted customers rather then ripping off a jerk. They do excellent work and take no short cuts. ( i watched them completely paint my roof and bumpers and wondered why they didnt use certain electric tools while prepping and their reasoning was that if you do it carefully by hand the outcome of the product is 10x bettter) with that being said i believe them after my car was finished.

If you do decide to bring your car to this shop, tell them Loc sent you from the BMW forums...(it seems that they give a tad bit better price according to other members on here who have used my name and this shop)

Collision Kingdom
2968 Ravenswood Rd Unit 112
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
954-931-4830
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Jfrisco
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 jet black

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawgg View Post
Collision Kingdom. They have been doing all my paintwork for many years now. They care more about the people and car rather then the money. Reason being is that this shop would rather serve good and kind hearted customers rather then ripping off a jerk. They do excellent work and take no short cuts. ( i watched them completely paint my roof and bumpers and wondered why they didnt use certain electric tools while prepping and their reasoning was that if you do it carefully by hand the outcome of the product is 10x bettter) with that being said i believe them after my car was finished.

If you do decide to bring your car to this shop, tell them Loc sent you from the BMW forums...(it seems that they give a tad bit better price according to other members on here who have used my name and this shop)

Collision Kingdom
2968 Ravenswood Rd Unit 112
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
954-931-4830
OK I will definitely check out. If you don't mind do you have any pics of your bumpers painted...how much did they charge and did they remove them from car before painting? How would you rate their paint job?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfrisco View Post
OK I will definitely check out. If you don't mind do you have any pics of your bumpers painted...how much did they charge and did they remove them from car before painting? How would you rate their paint job?

I have pictures of my car as it sits today as far as the painted bumpers, that was painted 3 years ago. The paint quality is good....they matched my color very well (Alpine White) they showed me all the different variance of the Alpine White color (which looked all the same to me) but they said they tried their best to match the variance of the Alpine White paint of my car.

The bumpers were removed, fixed up, small dents popped out, and wet sanded by hand, and primed. They even added Bulldog which is an expensive adhesive paint substance to allow the paint to hold for a long time...most shops use something similar but bulldog has always been one of the best.

I would rate their service 10/10 to be honest especially compared to this other shop i had gone too in my previous car in Miami. They repainted my hood and front bumper and not even 6 months after the paint started to chip even by the simplest rock chips, the clear coat left "fish eyes" in the paint...and the bumper was loose after a few months because they didn't put the bracket on right and i went to collision kingdom to get it redone and have been going to them ever since along with my BMW

They painted my roof a couple weeks ago..heres the pictures

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1098319
Appreciate 0