THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB M235i Service Intervals

03-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
M235i Service Intervals

So these cars have been out for a while now. Has any documentation been produced for what the service intervals on the BMW's are? I remember my VW had a little booklet that told me exactly what needed to be replaced at each interval for 200k km's / 10 years.

The main reason i am asking is I am coming up on my 1 year (which i believe should mean an oil change) but the car isn't indicating anything because i had the dealer perform an early at my cost extra oil change in October after 5000 km for my own peace of mind.

This is also my first bmw so i am not completely familiar with teleservice and condition based servicing. I am used to at XXX km or X months these parts need to be replaced ( from spark plugs to cabin air filters ).

I also don't want to have any warranty issues from deviating from the standard maintenance intervals. I just wanted an early change done as the car was brand new and i wanted all shavings etc out of the oil before winter.

For reference I am Canadian with a 2014 ZF8 M235i.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:38 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

For USA there is the 'SERVICE AND WARRANTY INFORMATION' book that came with new car documentation that covers: air-filters, oil, spark-plugs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
^ I will have to take a quick look in my glove box if there is one then. Still surprised i cant find 1 PDF of the book online.

Found a place to download:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...antyBooks.aspx

The key was the name. Still does not tell me anything about what they should be servicing on the car at 1 year... All it says is "as needed CBS" for just about everything...

Last edited by Killramos; 03-24-2015 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Briefly from the book ( since book covers a few other models, hopefully not mixing any inapplicable instructions)

The VEHICLE STATUS in the iDrive display is your main info portal.

The CBS system is the determiner for when you need maintenance service intervals.

The BMW list for high-performance oils is highly or a best revommendation for which oils to use and you should chk oil levels at each fuel fill-up.

Brake Fluid
Air Cleaner
Oxygen Sensor
Spark Plugs
Ventilation micro filter : are based in combination of CBS system, time from production, stated mileage.

Coolant only need be replaced during system repairs it's long-term rated.
The UNDERBODY has to be cleaned once a year in Spring with plain water.
They also discuss battery charge for shirt distance/duration drivers.

Air filter changed every fifth service
Spark plugs 60k miles
Oxygen Sensor 150k miles

The book has in/depth instructions on brakes and vehicle checks

I personally will use a traditional fluid change replacement method but all the major components and maintenance are in this booklet

Last edited by overcoil; 05-27-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
So these cars have been out for a while now. Has any documentation been produced for what the service intervals on the BMW's are? I remember my VW had a little booklet that told me exactly what needed to be replaced at each interval for 200k km's / 10 years.

The main reason i am asking is I am coming up on my 1 year (which i believe should mean an oil change) but the car isn't indicating anything because i had the dealer perform an early at my cost extra oil change in October after 5000 km for my own peace of mind.

This is also my first bmw so i am not completely familiar with teleservice and condition based servicing. I am used to at XXX km or X months these parts need to be replaced ( from spark plugs to cabin air filters ).

I also don't want to have any warranty issues from deviating from the standard maintenance intervals. I just wanted an early change done as the car was brand new and i wanted all shavings etc out of the oil before winter.

For reference I am Canadian with a 2014 ZF8 M235i.
if they reset your counter... you won't get the free one till 1yr or around 11k miles

they shouldn't reset it when you pay for it
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
So I should just wait until the 1 year anniversary and book the car in in that case ( that's like this weekend I was an early bird ).

I was annoyed when they reset the indicator as well but its not exactly something you can "undo"
Appreciate 0