European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

03-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
WHK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Token and PIN

I've got E-Sys installed, and I've generated token with my choice of PIN. I'm able to connect to the car and I see the menus described in the various help manuals. But when I get to

Step 13: New option under CADF, a folder. Expand the folder by clicking + and right click that file, Select “EDIT FDL”

I'm asked to enter my PIN. For some reason it is unable to find it, I'm not able to edit any values. Any idea what's gone wrong?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHK View Post
I've got E-Sys installed, and I've generated token with my choice of PIN. I'm able to connect to the car and I see the menus described in the various help manuals. But when I get to

Step 13: New option under CADF, a folder. Expand the folder by clicking + and right click that file, Select “EDIT FDL”

I'm asked to enter my PIN. For some reason it is unable to find it, I'm not able to edit any values. Any idea what's gone wrong?
Make sure you launch esys with the premium launcher you installed and not esys directly. I made this error too.

I see youre in GA as am I. Let me know if you need help.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
WHK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Thanks! That did it, and I've got a few easy things successfully coded. Next I've got to figure out some error messages about missing files that are keeping me from coding the FEM_BODY and HU_NBT modules. I feel like I've read about others locating these extra files, so I'm feeling confident.
Appreciate 0