E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car won't start! 2007 328i coupe help!

04-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
bmw151
Rep
Drives: bmw 328ic

Car won't start! 2007 328i coupe help!

Last week I go into a store and come out 10 mins later and my car decided not to turn on. Thinking it was the battery so tried to jump which didn't help. I assumed it was the starter because alternator was fine and battery seemed to be at around 12.5 V. So replaced the starter and car worked fine for a few days and then the SAME problem but this time it turned on when I jumped it so I took it to a mechanic who told me it could be because of a battery cable recall. Now it's at BMW and they fixed the recall but it still won't start without jumping. When I had it started it was not going past 20 mph when I had pedal to the medal. please help if anyone has had similar problems with their car. This is becoming too frustrating at this point I am going to get a diagnostic from Bmw to see what is the problem but I have a good feeling they're going to throw some ridiculous amount of problems towards my way.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw151
Last week I go into a store and come out 10 mins later and my car decided not to turn on. Thinking it was the battery so tried to jump which didn't help. I assumed it was the starter because alternator was fine and battery seemed to be at around 12.5 V. So replaced the starter and car worked fine for a few days and then the SAME problem but this time it turned on when I jumped it so I took it to a mechanic who told me it could be because of a battery cable recall. Now it's at BMW and they fixed the recall but it still won't start without jumping. When I had it started it was not going past 20 mph when I had pedal to the medal. please help if anyone has had similar problems with their car. This is becoming too frustrating at this point I am going to get a diagnostic from Bmw to see what is the problem but I have a good feeling they're going to throw some ridiculous amount of problems towards my way.
I may be off, but based on the limited amount of information it sounds like you have faulty injector(s) and/or fuel pump.
Appreciate 0