E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > BMWhat App: New DPF Features

04-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
335dwanted
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

BMWhat App: New DPF Features

I was resetting a fault code this morning w/ BMWhat and noticed that not only has the appearance of the app changed quite a bit, but it appears there is also the long promised DPF functionality built in as an "in-app purchase" like they did for Battery Programming. I did not have time to look at the feature or even check the price. It appears that you can trigger an on-demand regen, not sure what else it does.

Has anybody purchased/used this feature yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
stevers314
packet jockey
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dwanted View Post
I was resetting a fault code this morning w/ BMWhat and noticed that not only has the appearance of the app changed quite a bit, but it appears there is also the long promised DPF functionality built in as an "in-app purchase" like they did for Battery Programming. I did not have time to look at the feature or even check the price. It appears that you can trigger an on-demand regen, not sure what else it does.

Has anybody purchased/used this feature yet?
I tried to poke at it the other day and it said my engine wasn't supported.
      04-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
SwaggyP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D w/ JBD 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevers314 View Post
I tried to poke at it the other day and it said my engine wasn't supported.
Hey guys. I Just purchased the BMWhatt app and the official reader to go with it and I am not happy. Maybe you can help. I've selected the make and model (2011 335D) and when I read my codes it says no ECU's have responded. But when I select the universal E90 option it reads my codes. I know there is codes because my engine light was on ( Recently fixed). Can you help me out with this? what option are you selecting?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggyP View Post
Hey guys. I Just purchased the BMWhatt app and the official reader to go with it and I am not happy. Maybe you can help. I've selected the make and model (2011 335D) and when I read my codes it says no ECU's have responded. But when I select the universal E90 option it reads my codes. I know there is codes because my engine light was on ( Recently fixed). Can you help me out with this? what option are you selecting?
The "official reader" you mean the BMWhat BT OBD2 adapter? Are you using an Iphone or Android?

I have to be in Oakland tomorrow morning, and I should be passing through Hayward on the way back. If you are in the area and want to meet for a bit, I can plug my BMWhat BT adapter into your car and see if everything looks good on my Android phone.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #5
SwaggyP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D w/ JBD 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
The "official reader" you mean the BMWhat BT OBD2 adapter? Are you using an Iphone or Android?

I have to be in Oakland tomorrow morning, and I should be passing through Hayward on the way back. If you are in the area and want to meet for a bit, I can plug my BMWhat BT adapter into your car and see if everything looks good on my Android phone.
Hey. Thanks for the reply. Yes I mean the BMW Wifi adapter for IPhone. It's wifi only for iPhone. I actually live in Pacifica now so I wouldn't be able to meet up with you in the day due to job and travel time. I would love to meetup sometime though. Maybe this weekend? PM me and I'll shoot you my info.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
cschmelz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggyP View Post
Hey. Thanks for the reply. Yes I mean the BMW Wifi adapter for IPhone. It's wifi only for iPhone. I actually live in Pacifica now so I wouldn't be able to meet up with you in the day due to job and travel time. I would love to meetup sometime though. Maybe this weekend? PM me and I'll shoot you my info.
Make sure you have it set in settings to extended diagnostics and normal/normal speeds.

A few recent versions of BMWhat (now Carly for BMW or soon to be) seem to have had issues with communications I believe caused by iOS 8.3. I believe the issue is fixed with the most recent release from Parvis, so watch for that to drop shortly which may fix the issue.

I have the original BMWhat adapter (they are now on version 2) and for a month or so it just wouldn't work, but like I said the beta is now full up and should be updating in the app store shortly!
Appreciate 0