BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Euro Delivery and Individual Color on M2

04-23-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
frenzy757
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MB M2cs, 2022 X5e, 2008 T4R

Euro Delivery and Individual Color on M2

Hey Guys,

I am at a cross roads. On one hand, I can get a 1m Coupe, great car yadda yadda everyone knows about it.

On the other, I could get an M2, but if I did, I would really want to do a euro delivery AND get it in Santorini blue via the individual color (yes I know it is $5,000, but that is the way I'd want it).

Anyone have an idea how long before they would do the ED? Anyone with experience getting a ED on the M4?

I am basically expecting to be able to get an M2 in about a year, but with the ED would it add more time? Do they usually wait 6+ months after the debut to start the ED?

Would it be possible to get the M2 in Santorini blue"?

Any help would be great.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Nope, no individual on 2ers.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 01:21 AM   #3
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep
Drives: 1M & M2CS

Like kyleb350 said, already confirmed there will not be individual colors available. Leipzig, where the car will be assembled, is not setup for that. Even the i8 can't get an individual color.

When I was looking to order the E92 M3 before it went out of production there was an additional two week wait for me to take delivery at the Welt vs at the local dealer. But I live in Germany so that input doesn't have much merit here :P

Previous: Many E46 M3s, a few E9x M3s, '15 F82 M4, '16 F80 M3, F87 M2
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 04:45 AM   #4
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy757 View Post
Anyone have an idea how long before they would do the ED? Anyone with experience getting a ED on the M4?

I am basically expecting to be able to get an M2 in about a year, but with the ED would it add more time? Do they usually wait 6+ months after the debut to start the ED?
F8x M3/4 went on sale on June 21, 2014. I participated in the group ED, and we picked up our cars on June 23, 2014.

I am expecting that the group ED will take place in March of 2016, immediately when the M2 goes on sale. I can't wait.

Go for the M2 and European Delivery. Once you do a European Delivery, you will never take delivery of a BMW stateside again. The experience is simply wonderful.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 05:43 AM   #5
Srac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019MY F82 M4 CP SO

What's ED?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srac View Post
What's ED?
European Delivery
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 06:30 AM   #7
Srac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019MY F82 M4 CP SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
Thanks.

It looks fun. I'm guessing this is also possible for Europeans (in this case Portugal)?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #8
HotelGuy
Debubblizer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srac View Post
What's ED?

Erectile dysfunction Opps. Wrong forum.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #9
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
F8x M3/4 went on sale on June 21, 2014. I participated in the group ED, and we picked up our cars on June 23, 2014.

I am expecting that the group ED will take place in March of 2016, immediately when the M2 goes on sale. I can't wait.

Go for the M2 and European Delivery. Once you do a European Delivery, you will never take delivery of a BMW stateside again. The experience is simply wonderful.
Not really the best time to do the group ED don't ya think? It could still be snowing its butt off in March in Bavaria I would imagine.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #10
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Not really the best time to do the group ED don't ya think? It could still be snowing its butt off in March in Bavaria I would imagine.
I'm not the organizer of the group ED, so I don't know if they're going to schedule the event closer to summer. We don't even have a definitive release date for the car, it's all speculation at this point.

I'm just preparing to be ready for a launch in 03/16.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #11
Bdh821
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

After owning a 135 and driven a few 1M's, I'd personally wait for the M2. The interior bits and seats aren't the same ///M quality as seen in the E9x M cars. Also, I think for the money, why not buy a new car since the 1M has retained such good value? Since the 1M was pushed along so quickly in production to get them out before the E82 was discontinued , I think it lacks that fine finish that was seen in other M cars. That's my opinion obviously which means nothing...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #12
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Is there any word on when BMW will start taking orders for the M2? Will they want to produce for a few months first or as soon as production starts?
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #13
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Is there any word on when BMW will start taking orders for the M2? Will they want to produce for a few months first or as soon as production starts?
It's not BMW AG the company that takes deposits, it's the BMW dealerships that do. Some are already taking deposits, some don't even know what an M2 is.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #14
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete View Post
It's not BMW AG the company that takes deposits, it's the BMW dealerships that do. Some are already taking deposits, some don't even know what an M2 is.
But he didn't ask about deposits.

Orders won't be taken until the final price and ordering guides are printed and given to dealerships. Anyone's guess when that will be... I think generally the first batch of cars produced get sent out as dealer stock for demo.
      04-24-2015, 05:30 PM   #15
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
But he didn't ask about deposits.

Orders won't be taken until the final price and ordering guides are printed and given to dealerships. Anyone's guess when that will be... I think generally the first batch of cars produced get sent out as dealer stock for demo.
Right you are. I misread the post.

Like you stated above, orders won't be taken by dealerships until the ordering guides are released. The orders won't go out until the first modifiable chassis appear on DCSnet.

Before the first order units hit the floor BMW will historically send out two or three pre-spec'd models to each dealer and those will be available for sale 2 to 3 weeks before the order units come in. They are usually hard-loaded by BMW as a showcase of available options and the dealers are encouraged not to sell them for a week or two. Of course, money talks and deals can be made immediately.

How close to the 11/15 production date will the ball start rolling? I wish I knew
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 12:30 AM   #16
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I'd really like to know the basics of what this car may or may not be. In reality it should be placed somewhere between the M235i and the M4. But BMW may throw a curve ball at us like they did with the 1M.

I'm in a dilemma with what I should do right now. Wait for the M2 which may not be what I'm hoping/expecting, or buy a 335i now before the 340 comes out. The 340 is out of the question because I don't feel like being a guinea pig for the engine, nor will there be much for tuning upon its release. The 335i would probably end up like my X1, a place holder until what I want comes around.

Decisions, decisions.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #17
frenzy757
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MB M2cs, 2022 X5e, 2008 T4R

My local dealer said that the ED would be marked up to "market prices" is that normal even for ED?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 06:03 AM   #18
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
My local dealer said that the ED would be marked up to "market prices" is that normal even for ED?
So for ED there are separate MSRP and invoice prices, but both are about 7%below the stateside equivalent values. If you just walked in a paid MSRP on an ED for any normal car, like a 3-series, you would get a good deal close to invoice. If there are a lot of allocations, and/or you are a good negotiator, you can get down to ED invoice price and save 13-14% off of US MSRP -- on a lease, coupled with US risidual values, you can actually save / make money over a US purchase.

On the other hand, there are some limited productions vehicles like the M's where dealers only get so many and are expected to make larger single sale profits off of them. In the past, some Ms were able to purchased on top of dealer allocation. However, this is no longer the case. For my M5 for instance, my dealer had to trade away an M3 and X5 allocation when both of those models were new to get an M5 allocation from another dealer. I ended up being well below ED MSRP, but about $2600 above ED invoice -- and a large chucnk of that went to the manager and the F&I guy, not my CA

With limited numbers to sell, dealers have a vested interest in the final deal price. I would expect that some dealers will continue to honor a price somehwere between ED invoice and ED MSRP. However, if there are limited numbers and high demand, some may charge a price for ED above ED MSRP but still below US sale MSRP -- Mr. market will decide whether people pay this price or not.

As a final example, there is a dealer in California that marks up every M car 15-20K over US MSRP, and people continue to buy cars from them. Meanwhile there are at least two board sponsors that will do the paperwork and sell you an M car via ED for 1-2K over ED invoice... it's all a matter of who you talk to and how much patience you have.
      04-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #19
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

If you are anywhere near the PDC in SC its very well worth doing that delivery option with or without ED. It essentially opens up all 300+ BMW dealers in the US for use in negotiating.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #20
DslDwg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is

For sure expect this car to be on allocation limited or not, just because there hasn't been an equivalent car around for a while.

Current M3/M4 were a mixed bag on pricing. Some dealers were getting over MSRP as guys showed up with more money than brains and didn't want to wait for their cars. It's still pretty rare to see 1000 over ED invoice deals on these cars but there have been a few floating around. At close to a year after release ED MSRP to about 2000 off of ED MSRP seems to be about right just depending on your relationship with your dealer, local market, negotiating skills etc.

Sounds like Individual won't be an option but I will say this - I did M4 ED Individual. You have to be a little flexible with timing as it appears BMW only does Individual runs at certain times of the month. So you will have to wait for allocation for the car and timing on the Individual run.

Good Luck looks like it should be a great car.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #21
B///MW
Lance Bombardier
United_States
Rep
Drives: It varies

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I am at a cross roads. On one hand, I can get a 1m Coupe, great car yadda yadda everyone knows about it.

On the other, I could get an M2, but if I did, I would really want to do a euro delivery AND get it in Santorini blue via the individual color (yes I know it is $5,000, but that is the way I'd want it).

Any help would be great.
Santorini blue... the greatest color!.. I'd love it on an M2... A non-metallic color might have been a good retro reference for BMW to have used on a car they are relating back to the 2002's of the 70's.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #22
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy757
Hey Guys,

Any help would be great.
So.. Whaddya think of Long beach blue ?

I think your decision here is going to be made based on your love of blue.

If you have a line on a 1M in a color you prefer (clearly not blue of course, unless it's wrapped or you intend to do so... Not sure if there is a santorini 1M yet... )then go that route absolutely.

The 1M is an extraordinary machine and it's a collector car that will certainly hold its value over an M2. (see e30 m3 vs e36 m3)

However if you want a warranty, and more importantly, if you want a blue M car with original paint, then your choices are the M2 in long beach blue or break out your wallet and also go bigger in size and do individual on an M4.

You should be able to get an M2 hopefully via euro delivery if you are in the us and of course the m4 is available now.

European delivery is simply amazing. Other than trade in timing issues and waiting for the car to make the trip over its far and away the best way to pick up your new BMW.

It's probably about 50 percent of the reason for my interest in an M2, another 40 percent of my reason for swapping (if I ever decide to) would be for a new warranty, and about 10 percent for the more refined chassis. The reworked N55 Motor looks to be largely the same which I think is perfect as I am very happy with my stock 1m which is certainly traction, not power limited.

I am sure the M2 will be faster and it will likely handle better but speed is the least of my concerns, I could add a tune or mod for power, but I want the most involved driving experience. Between the E36M3 and E30 M3 hands down the winner is the E30M3 with respect to overall driving experience.
Appreciate 0