F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Unaired Top Gear episodes to air on BBC 2 this year
Studio RSR

04-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Unaired Top Gear episodes to air on BBC 2 this year

http://blog.tvguide.co.uk/unaired-to...two-this-year/

Quote:
BBC Two will air Jeremy Clarkson’s final scenes on Top Gear later this year.

The remaining footage for season 22 of the BBC’s hit motoring show will be salvaged for television in 2015, BBC Two controller Kim Shillinglaw announced on Tuesday.

Jeremy Clarkson has not been banned from the BBC, she added.

However, Shillinglaw claimed there is not enough footage for the intended three episodes. She is working with Top Gear executive-producer Andy Wilman to create something out of the existing material.

Speaking about the pre-recorded scenes, she said, “No way would I want the available material not to be seen by viewers.”
Be interesting how they put these shows together as cant film the studio sections of the programme with Clarkson/May/Hammond any more.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #2
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

It's only fair that they air them. After all out TV license fees went into making the episodes. I half expected them to release them on dvd as unseen footage - another way to fleece fans.
It will be interesting to see how "Not" Top Gear Live goes next month. I'm sure it was an opportunity to sell a lot of t shirts and merchandise relating to the show and the Stig. Wonder what they will offer instead?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
http://blog.tvguide.co.uk/unaired-to...two-this-year/

Be interesting how they put these shows together as cant film the studio sections of the programme with Clarkson/May/Hammond any more.
I didn't care much for the rambling in studio or the star in crap car anyway, so this is TG on steroids as far as I'm concerned.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #4
Matt01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Lux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proftinkerpot
It's only fair that they air them. After all out TV license fees went into making the episodes. I half expected them to release them on dvd as unseen footage - another way to fleece fans.
It will be interesting to see how "Not" Top Gear Live goes next month. I'm sure it was an opportunity to sell a lot of t shirts and merchandise relating to the show and the Stig. Wonder what they will offer instead?
Clarkson, Hammond and May live!
Appreciate 0