E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Orlando Area Paint/Body & Glass Shop Recommendations?

05-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
princetonprep17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Orlando Area Paint/Body & Glass Shop Recommendations?

I just picked up my 2011 335is and, unfortunately, there are some issues with the car (private party sale, no dealer to go back to for coverage). There is a pretty nice rock chip in the windshield. It's not cracking (yet), but does anyone have a recommendation for a glass shop that's good in the area? I would consider having it filled, but it's close to my line of vision, so I might end up replacing the windshield if I can find a good shop (I'll call my insurance after I get an out of pocket cost estimate).

I'm also looking for a good paint and body shop in the area. I need some minor repairs and a repaint to the rear bumper, some PDR on the roof, and two spot repairs and repaint on the driver's side. Car is BSM in color. I would also want the shop to put on a carbon fiber front lip, rear lip spoiler, and rear splitter. My girlfriend had her BMW repaired at Carstar in Winter Park and the results were good, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any other shops they could highly recommend? Thanks!
      05-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Car o van has been good for me.
Tell shop manager Greg with white 335 convertible sent you.
Glass, should be covered by insurance. Seems everytime my glass cracks it's linger than 6" and I get a new windshield free. Imagine that. I called fields and asked who they use so it looks factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
princetonprep17
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Car o van has been good for me.
Tell shop manager Greg with white 335 convertible sent you.
Glass, should be covered by insurance. Seems everytime my glass cracks it's linger than 6" and I get a new windshield free. Imagine that. I called fields and asked who they use so it looks factory.
Car O Van seems to have some great reviews online. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my car so I need a shop that will do exceptional work (I don't mind paying for it). Do you happen to have any before and after pictures of their work? And do you recall who Fields recommended you to for the glass shop? Thanks!
      05-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetonprep17 View Post
I just picked up my 2011 335is and, unfortunately, there are some issues with the car (private party sale, no dealer to go back to for coverage). There is a pretty nice rock chip in the windshield. It's not cracking (yet), but does anyone have a recommendation for a glass shop that's good in the area? I would consider having it filled, but it's close to my line of vision, so I might end up replacing the windshield if I can find a good shop (I'll call my insurance after I get an out of pocket cost estimate).

I'm also looking for a good paint and body shop in the area. I need some minor repairs and a repaint to the rear bumper, some PDR on the roof, and two spot repairs and repaint on the driver's side. Car is BSM in color. I would also want the shop to put on a carbon fiber front lip, rear lip spoiler, and rear splitter. My girlfriend had her BMW repaired at Carstar in Winter Park and the results were good, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any other shops they could highly recommend? Thanks!

Windshields are replaced for free through insurance. Just give the insurance a call and they will set it all up, nothing out of your pocket. Its Florida law.

Also check out Samuel's Auto Body in Sanford, I have heard great things about them.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
princetonprep17
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik View Post
Windshields are replaced for free through insurance. Just give the insurance a call and they will set it all up, nothing out of your pocket. Its Florida law.

Also check out Samuel's Auto Body in Sanford, I have heard great things about them.
Did not realize they would replace for free under Florida law. I'll give my insurance company a call this afternoon.

Samuel's seems to have some good reviews as well. I'll give them a shout at some point this week to see about getting a quote on the car. I appreciate the recommendations!
      05-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

They only replace if the Crack is 6 inches long. Otherwise they patch it. They will replace it at your house etc. Seems for some strange reason my cracks always end up 6 inches long.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #7
princetonprep17
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
They only replace if the Crack is 6 inches long. Otherwise they patch it. They will replace it at your house etc.
Definitely not 6 inches long. Anyone ever have the resin fill on a crack and had good results? I know the resin isn't supposed to be for cosmetic appearance, but rather for strengthening the chip and surrounding area.
      05-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #8
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

My cracks seem to grow after happening.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #9
smoOve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i e93

Insurance covers it for free I did mine through safelite 5 days after I bought the car. And paint east side body. They're on colonial and Forsyth next to kings performance.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #10
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetonprep17 View Post
Definitely not 6 inches long. Anyone ever have the resin fill on a crack and had good results? I know the resin isn't supposed to be for cosmetic appearance, but rather strengthening the chip and surrounding area.
I had a dime sized chip in the windshield of my S2000 and safelite 'fixed' it for free via my Insurance... a year later its still perfect as in no spreading or issues... unfortunately its still noticeable. Though its behind my radar detector so its not a big deal to me. If you care that you'll still see it after the repair I'd, uh, "make it spread" yourself before calling them.
Appreciate 0