E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Super Blue Tire Gloss.

02-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

Super Blue Tire Gloss.

Has anyone used this stuff? My uncle puts it on all of his old hot rods and swears by it. It doesn't leave a wet gloss like the silicone based products, it is more of a new tire shine.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sorry forgot to put up a pic and link.

Link
http://www.lanescarproducts.com/supblutirglo.html

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Not much you can really say. It looks descent, but the site just smells of BS. Try it, but be aware that there are OBVIOUSLY better products out there. You gotta order it online anyway, so please look into something a bit nicer (Z16, Meguairs Hyperdressing, CG VRT, ect).

I love how they recommend to just spray on the sidewall and walk away. That sounds like a sling fest to me. Although it would probably look and work better using an applicator and buffing off excess.
sure Vintage is rad, but if they screw up the prep it won't matter if they coat it in pure white carnauba picked from trees that bloom every ten years during a full moon; it will still look like ass. ---PICUS
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Like I said my uncle uses the stuff, all of his tires look like they are brand new and some of them are 10-15 years old. He buys it from the Pomona Hot Rod swap meet. The stuff smells kinda like a cross between kerosene and gasoline. He sprays it on a sponge and wipes it on the tire.

I posted it just to see if anyone had tried it, while it may be a "county fair miracle product" but I think the end result looks really good.

As far as the rest of the products go I have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by de.abeja View Post
Like I said my uncle uses the stuff, all of his tires look like they are brand new and some of them are 10-15 years old. He buys it from the Pomona Hot Rod swap meet. The stuff smells kinda like a cross between kerosene and gasoline. He sprays it on a sponge and whttp://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/sign0012.gif
ipes it on the tire.

I posted it just to see if anyone had tried it, while it may be a "county fair miracle product" but I think the end result looks really good.

As far as the rest of the products go I have no idea.
With tire products, its pretty hard to go wrong as long as you apply the right way. Its a solvent based dressing so the smell you described fits right in. Try it, what can you lose?

Joy
sure Vintage is rad, but if they screw up the prep it won't matter if they coat it in pure white carnauba picked from trees that bloom every ten years during a full moon; it will still look like ass. ---PICUS
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Interesting how on the website they show before pics with very dirty wheels and the after pics with clean wheels. I personally like Aerospace 303...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Aerospace is a little too expensive to use on tires imo. I think most tire shine products work well as long as you wipe off the excess. I need to order some megs hyperdressing as I hear good things about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

Looks like the old stuff Malco used to make. I think its the old formula, not VOC compliant. Meaning... ITS GOOD STUFF! LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Fminus- I would not be surprised for one minute if the stuff was non-VOC compliant.
Appreciate 0